Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > Orchid Photo Gallery > Taking and Processing Photographs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2006, 04:01 PM
V.I.P Member Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,285 Posts
mayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of light
How to post thumbnail versus pic?

There appears to be two methods of posting pics into the forum threads. One places a thumbnail into the post that viewers can click on to enlarge if they choose, and the other method posts the full size pic - which can be good as long as it is not too large.

I know that selecting the icon at the top of the reply window - that is yellow with what might be a mountain and sun - gives you a space for a link that inserts the entire pic. What is the process for inserting the thumbnail?

Also, do most people like the full size picture immediately or do you like the option of clicking the thumbnail and getting it via your own choice???

mike
Old 12-17-2006, 06:14 PM

Aniko is just fantasticAniko is just fantasticAniko is just fantastic
I would preferred to thumbnails the full sized picture, but I was unable to understand how to do that .I'm going to try your method !

To insert the thumbnail you have to click on Go Advanced button at the bottom of the page, next the Post Quick Reply button.Than, at the Additional Options click Manage Attachments - in a new window a browser will help to select a picture directly from your computer or insert an URL.
Aniko.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Executive Senior Member Photobucket

arleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rough
Mike, to place a thumbnail of your pics, upload the pics from your computer by clicking on the paperclip icon (next to the smiley face on the Advance reply message window). A (small) window will open up. It's pretty much straight forward from thereon. Keep in mind that if you upload a .jpg file, the max size is 600 x 600 pixels or 107kb.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:38 PM

Aniko is just fantasticAniko is just fantasticAniko is just fantastic
I make a tryal...
Only attachments work from PC...the other ways use URL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L1.jpg (50.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 12-17-2006, 08:49 PM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,285 Posts
mayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of light
Aniko, since you show your cute puppy dog I will try the paperclip with a pic of my little cat called "squeaker". She cannot meow like a normal cat, just a little tiny squeak. Thanks all for the tip. Will see from other responses if I should keep to one method or the other for future posts......mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9170014a.jpg (49.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Site Owner
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute
If people would like I can make it so all thumbnails automatically show up as a full size picture. Just let me know
Old 12-18-2006, 02:15 AM
Executive Senior Member Photobucket

arleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rough
I prefer thumbnails of pics. If there are more than one, I can choose which one I want to view in full size. Plus, having thumbnails keep a thread short.

The only time I include a full size is when my pic is hosted elsewhere. I then 'insert' it within my message.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:10 PM

silkymoon is on a distinguished road
Hi Aniko, this way I was to follow it however is telling me they are two big!! what now?
Old 04-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Site Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,356 Posts
fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
Maria
have a look at these links
http://www.orchidgeeks.com/forum/new...post-them.html

http://www.orchidgeeks.com/forum/new...st-images.html

also it would pay you to have a look at your PM ( private message ) inbox
Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 AM

posting
Old 04-27-2008, 12:46 AM

Fred, how can I post pictures in the PHOTO GALLERY but can not attach it to my post?
Old 04-27-2008, 01:02 AM
Site Administrator

Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,356 Posts
fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
are you trying to upload from your PC or from an Image host to put a pic in your post ?