Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > Suggestions, Feedback > Suggestions, Feedback and Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Site Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,356 Posts
fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
The Use Of Multi User Names

Hi my fellow Geeks

I would like all the new members and older members to read this Post regarding the use of multi user names here on orchidgeeks.

First of all I will start with the New Registered Members.

Here on orchidgeeks we welcome all the new members that come along to learn and share with us but if a new member who registers with more than one user name without making any Posts at all will have one of there user names Deleted Without Questions.

Multi User Names will not be Tolerated for new registered members, further Action can and will be made.

When a New Member Register's here at orchidgeeks your user names is checked this brings me to you ISP ( Internet Service Provider ) when your user name is checked and I see or any Staff Members see Could Not Resolve Host Name your Account can be Banned or Deleted also your ISP may be Contacted.

This now brings me to our regular members here on orchidgeeks.

There are some members that have told me Site Administrator that there husband,wife,partner share the same PC and also have an account here on orchidgeeks hence two user names with the same ISP that is Totally acceptable.

If one of our regular geeks opens another account and I am not notified the Second Account will be Deleted Without Any Questions if the same member opens another account and I have not been notified an Infraction or a Ban can be issued.

If you can not remember your password please feel free to scroll down to the bottom of the page and use the Contact Us and a password reminder will be sent to your email address.
If you have any problems please feel free to contact me.

thank you all for your understanding

Fred
Site Administrator
Old 05-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Site Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
Just on another foot Note also regarding new registrations.

Any new member that uses an Email Address as a user name will be Deleted without questions.

If your user name is the same as the start of your email address that is fine.

Example... I will use my name as an example to you ] fred is fine as a user name what is not allowed is this example fred@kingofkings.com

I have spent a lot of time sending out Pm's to those new members about the use of a email address as a user name as we are a public forum the use of a private email address leaves the user name open to all sorts of emails.

So what to do if your email address has been deleted re register with another user name

A Private Email Address is guarded very closely here at orchidgeeks.

I should also mention that the use of a private email address or a contact Phone Numbers in a post is also Edited Out by the orchidgeeks Staff.

If a member wants to know those details please use the PMing system ( private message system )

thank you once again
Fred
Site Administrator

Edit] just to let the new registered members know when you register with us you do so with your email address that is normal that does not mean your email address will be your user name on the open forum... you chose your own user name when you register with us... the user name I am talking about is the user name in the open forum.
If your user name in the open forum is like this example ( fred@kingofkings.com ) that will be deleted. Not if you user the name just before the @
Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Site Administrator

just on another note
we do alot of work behind the forum like looking at new registered members to see if they have a Valid IP address
IP is Internet Provider
due to spamming of the forum in the past if any new registered members that DO NOT Have a valid IP address the members account will be Deleted from the Database

Also I have noticed that there are a few IP address that like to multi register with us with the same IP address.

Again if a member who wants to multi register with us your accounts here will be deleted no questions asked.

I don't think its very funny when one member has 5 or 6 user names and makes posts using just one of the user names while re-registering as well with different email address and the same IP address.

I have also noticed that due to the conflict between Israel and the Gaza Strip we have been getting spam due to that conflict these accounts will be banned
If I see an email address with "IsuppoertIsrael" or any email address related to that conflict or any user names like we had "Gaza" the accounts will be banned and the IP address will be blocked without questions asked.

We here at orchidgeeks are a great bunch of geeks.
orchidgeeks.com is an orchid forum it has nothing what so ever to do with world conflicts.

So the message is very simple spam orchidgeeks and your account will be banned

thank you
Fred
Old 01-28-2009, 08:03 PM
V.I.P Member Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 3,967 Times in 1,720 Posts
Ron is on a distinguished road
Hi Fred.
Well explained, but I can not see why anyone would need to have several accounts using different name!
My account name is "Ron" and that is my name.
I am happy at one account.
Quote:
We here at orchidgeeks are a great bunch of geeks.

I totally agree, best run and friendliest, helpful forum I have ever been on.

Keep up the good work
Cheerio
Ron
Old 01-29-2009, 01:59 AM
V.I.P Member

kid a is on a distinguished road
All of the staff's hard work to keep blocking those spammers and taking care of the forum makes orchid geeks the bestest. You guys do a great job btw!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Ki...ws?ref=profile
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 AM

kip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred View Post
Also I have noticed that there are a few IP address that like to multi register with us with the same IP address.

Again if a member who wants to multi register with us your accounts here will be deleted no questions asked.

I don't think its very funny when one member has 5 or 6 user names and makes posts using just one of the user names while re-registering as well with different email address and the same IP address.
fred, ISPs which do not have an "always on" type of connection will reassign IP addresses at login, so it is possible for more than one person to have the same IP address, assuming they have logged in at different times. my dsl account and my cellular account both do this, as do all public wifi hotspots. i think you can safely assume that a different e-mail address means it's a different person.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:02 AM
V.I.P Member

Thanked 6,637 Times in 2,844 Posts
Brooke is on a distinguished road
Not really kip, I can have seven email address on this computer. I can have multiple personalities :>)

Brooke
Old 01-29-2009, 10:36 AM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

articuno75 is on a distinguished road
Kip~ I have to disagree. I, like Brooke, have many emails. (5 to be exact. Anymore and I just wouldn't be able to keep up, LoL. )

I have my primary and several "dummy accounts".

All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed: in life that which is unnoticed has the most power.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Senior Member Photobucket

janet_a is on a distinguished road
my home ISP assigns my housemate's computer one of several IP's, apparently related to the company's mood, what it had for lunch, and the current phase of the moon... bloody annoying.

http://www.oneplusyou.com/q/v/caffeine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Apart from the utility of binomials for standardizing reference for effective communication, Laelia Speciosa is a tad easier to pronounce and spell than its Atzec name chichiltictepetzacuxochitl."

--Alec Pridgeon
Old 11-19-2009, 06:14 AM
Site Administrator

just a reminder for New Registered Members here at orchidgeeks

When a New Member Register's here at orchidgeeks your user names is checked this brings me to you ISP ( Internet Service Provider ) when your user name is checked and I see or any Staff Members see Could Not Resolve Host Name your Account can be Banned or Deleted also your ISP may be Contacted.

All new registration are checked if a member does now have a Valid Internet Services Provider ( IP Address ) the account will be deleted from orchidgeeks

so any new registrations that have Could Not Resolve Host Name instead of a valid IP address will be deleted from the forum.

another point I would like to make to new registered members is when you are doing your signature in your profile you Can Not have links in your signature to other web sites that is seen as advertising here on orchidgeeks
orchidgeeks does not allow Free Advertising and the links will be removed please do not replace the link or links as your account could be banned with no questions asked.

this post is solely for the new registered members here on orchidgeeks