Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > Suggestions, Feedback > Suggestions, Feedback and Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 03:35 PM

JungleMel is on a distinguished road
Problems connecting to orchidgeeks.com

Hi, so I'm having a strange probem. I thought maybe I was ip banned because I havent been able to connect to the server on any computer or on my phone at home. However, I am typing this on my phone using 3G, not my wireless, so I guess thats not it, lol! I cleared my cache, deleted cookies, etc. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this issue? This is the only website that I cant connect too, so I'm out of ideas.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 5,389 Times in 3,096 Posts
katrina is on a distinguished road
I have no clue but I'm bumping this in hopes someone might have an idea/solution.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:01 AM

Thanks Katrina.

I just went through all my security settings and antivirus software and got nothing. It still looks like the ip is being blocked. Can anyone check on the admin side of things? Should I pm Fred or someone else?
Old 10-17-2011, 11:56 AM
V.I.P Member Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 1,736 Times in 1,033 Posts
-k- is on a distinguished road
Old 10-18-2011, 10:46 AM

Thanked 1,459 Times in 733 Posts
Stelios is on a distinguished road
i keep getting errors when i click likes received from notifications
Old 10-18-2011, 02:51 PM

uffe3667 is on a distinguished road
Any specifics on the error message you receive?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 5,389 Times in 3,096 Posts
katrina is on a distinguished road
Yes, if anyone is still having trouble...PM Fred. Explain what's happening in your PM and he'll be able to forward it along to the proper people in order to get it fixed.
-k- (10-18-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 06:51 PM

Katrina, I pm'ed Fred weeks ago. I haven't gotten a response. I also tried the "contact us" option at the bottom of the page. I don't know what else to do at this point.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Site Administrator

Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,356 Posts
fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
I had replied to your question with the contact us
there is no issue with your ip address
I just looked at all the blocked ip address to all of your ip address and none are blocked at this end.
katrina (11-02-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 06:19 PM

Thanks Fred. I still don't know why I wouldn't be able to connect to the server then? I'm stuck with using the 3G on my phone as I still can't view the site at all from my home connection. The problem I had pm'ed you about.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Site Administrator

fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
AL-Ameel your ip address is in Oman not the USA as stated.. link you provided is nothing but spam good by
Old 11-03-2011, 02:11 PM

Hi again Fred. I tried to ping the site and still got "Request timed out." x4. So I tried one of the free proxy sites online and can view the site just fine. So what else could this mean if it's not my ip being blocked? I can change whatever I need to on my end, I just don't know what I can do. This is the strangest problem I've ever had!

Last edited by JungleMel; 11-03-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:12 PM

jayfar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleMel View Post
Hi again Fred. I tried to ping the site and still got "Request timed out." x4. So I tried one of the free proxy sites online and can view the site just fine. So what else could this mean if it's not my ip being blocked? I can change whatever I need to on my end, I just don't know what I can do. This is the strangest problem I've ever had!
I would suggest contacting your Internet provider. There may be a routing anomoly within their network. They will probably ask you to supply a traceroute, which you can obtain in a windows command window. The windows command is tracert, followed by a space and then the hostname or IP address you are trying to reach.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayfar For This Useful Post:
fred (11-03-2011), JungleMel (11-03-2011)
Old 11-03-2011, 05:42 PM

Thank you jayfar! I really appreciate your help. I will call and see if they can fix it. Ugh, I had really hoped it had nothing to do with Cablevision, they're awful at troubleshooting anything over the phone.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Site Administrator

we to be honest as I can see you have changed your ip address a few times you could try that again turn off the pc and the moden for about 20 seconds plug the moden back in then turn on your pc see how that goes
JungleMel (11-04-2011)
Old 11-04-2011, 09:31 AM

Thanks Fred. Powercycled everything 1st as I'd feel real silly if it was such a simple fix. My ip keeps changing as I'm using my phone or one of the free anonymous proxy websites as a temporary workaround to still use orchidgeeks in the mean time until I can fix the problem, as it's only my home ip that wont connect. What's really pissing me off is that it's just this website. Here and reddit are my #1 procrastination/ break from work sites, haha.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:20 AM

I just wanted to update this thread to say Thank You to everyone who tried to help. I ended up having to call Cablevision and it turns out that my router was stopping this site....for no good reason, so crazy! I talked to a customer service rep that had actually dealt with the same problem twice before and both times it was the person's router. A rarity, but apparently it happens!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:50 AM

JudyC is on a distinguished road
Good for happy endings sometimes if you change browsers it will also help if you have difficulties getting into a certain site...sometimes links just go a tad wonky (facebook is a realllll good example LOL)
Old 01-05-2012, 06:00 AM
V.I.P Member
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,236 Posts
1joyceh is on a distinguished road
Glad the problem is solved!! Good to have you back 'full-time'