Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > Suggestions, Feedback > Suggestions, Feedback and Questions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By syndywindy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Site Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,356 Posts
fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Picture Uploading Info

How to post pics in the forum.

useful links we all need to know.

http://www.orchidgeeks.com/forum/new...post-them.html

http://www.orchidgeeks.com/forum/new...st-images.html

to upload from your PC please see attached pics

number 1 click manage attachments

number 2 click browse

number 3 shows the file from your PC that you wish to uploaded

number 4 click upload... shows pic being uploaded

number 5 shows the file uploaded

number 6 close the upload box view to be posted click Submit New Thread or New Post
Attached Thumbnails
posting-pics.jpg   number-2.jpg   number3.jpg   mumber4.jpg   mumber5.jpg   number6.jpg  
Joe Geoffroy (08-08-2009), Luvlyhnezh (03-09-2011), Orchidchick (06-21-2011), syndywindy (04-24-2009)
Old 04-10-2008, 08:11 PM

Jirel is on a distinguished road
Doesn't work, I cannot, canNOT upload pictures to this forum anymore. I would really appreciate it if this post included a list of whatever specs the pictures have to match to be able to upload them. I moved a couple up within the first week of signing on but I have not been able to get any up since then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jirel For This Useful Post:
leeflea (03-08-2011)
Old 04-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Site Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
Jirel
Are you trying to upload from your PC or a Image Host ?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:10 PM

From my pc - is that the problem?
leeflea (03-08-2011)
Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Site Administrator

ahh I would say they need to be resize to be uploaded.
try that and see how you go
Old 04-11-2008, 12:36 PM

Can you give me a size constraint? Or a suggested size? I'll swear I tried a 500 X 500 one time. But I don't know if there's also a total size (as in 1k) or anything like that.
leeflea (03-08-2011)
Old 04-11-2008, 12:41 PM

I just tried one that 180K, 495 bytes X 500 Bytes
and one at 36K, 238 X 240

Both were rejected.
leeflea (03-08-2011)
Old 03-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Member Photobucket

leeflea is on a distinguished road
Dear Fred,
Thank you for taking the time to contact me as I know you must be very busy.
I have, in the past, successfully posted other pic. without a problem.
K. March one when I have this prob. corrected and restored them.
As usual, I seem to be a screw up on this site even though I've recommended it to my family and friends.
It's frustrating. To be corrected for posting on the wrong forum, etc. but I a doing my best to learn. Orchids4Me is giving me a primer as she's most attuned to this.
Where I'll learn, I don't know.
I'd so appreciate your help.
I'm still perplexed as to why the pics. didn't show as it is of Slc. Jewel Box 'Dark Water' ad I'd like to share it with the member.
Too, I'd appreciate your help.
Sincerely, Lee Hollimon
Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Member Photobucket

leeflea is on a distinguished road
uploading photos

Fred the instructions you gave in the later part are the exact ones I've tried in the past and have successfully done so without a problem. It's maddening.
Maybe it's better I keep the images of my orchids to myself regardless of my willingness to share. Lee
Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Site Administrator

leeflea
please do not put yourself down because post or threads of yours get moved
none of us are perfect, moving a thread or a post into the correct section is no big deal
if a thread or a post is moved into the right section the staff have 3 options
1 notify the member
2 leave an expiring amount of time
3 or do so without notice

Lee sometimes it takes a while to get the hang of things your doing your best and that is good enough.

as for your photos that are black in the image gallery I would preview the photos before posting "submit"
or upload into a image host and copy and paste the [IMG] code in the image host then paste the code.

see how that goes for you
I personally think all the "Geeks" would like to see your photos so please don't give up
leeflea (03-09-2011), sunshine (03-20-2011)
Old 06-21-2011, 09:26 PM

ArtGeekMark is on a distinguished road
In three days I've only been able to upload two photos, the rest of the time I get back and internal server error or some page saying I'm not connected to the internet while I in fact am. It's gotten quite old already, it's not like my camera decides "Oy Mark, this shot I'll make under 97.7, but the next three I'll make bigger just to piss off that website". Fix your site maybe I'll come back, maybe I'll be inclined to donate. Ya never know.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Member Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,006 Posts
berniep is on a distinguished road
G'Day

I run a FREE program called shrinkpic in the background on my pc and have done so for years, it will automatically shrink all attachment you send, it is found here Shrink Pic free download. It also shrinks without loss of definition. Try it it works!

Cheers
Bernie
aslesha (09-22-2011), Greybeard (06-22-2011), Orchidchick (06-21-2011)
Old 06-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Executive Senior Member

Greybeard is on a distinguished road
Good one Bernie, I've also joined that "Photobucket" site but it makes doing pics a pain. I haven't tried the old way yet it made it so much easier for me but I'll try this new one Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Greybeard For This Useful Post:
berniep (06-22-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 09:21 PM

ArtGeekMark is on a distinguished road
I'm still having an issue uploading some photos , tonight I get back this error msg:
Quote:
Internal Server Error Remote address: 173.191.109.127 User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0) REFERER: http://www.orchidgeeks.com/forum/new...5d29d5bbc7d9c8 URL: /forum/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=
Wait... Windows NT? Modzilla?! My attachments have been sent back to 1997?!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:10 PM

Puddy1 is on a distinguished road
I don't have problems posting pics whether in a thread or the gallery. The question I have is, why, when you post in the gallery, is the thumbnail image different than the actual image once it is clicked on? I've noticed the same thing in viewing current posts done by others. It wasn't that way when I did my first posts. Only after the crash.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Senior Member Photobucket

Thanked 1,265 Times in 954 Posts
Fishmom is on a distinguished road
This morning I tried to post pics for the first time since the crash. I also experienced what Puddy1 referred to: the image displayed in the "slide show" of my images is different from the one I actually uploaded, and which is displayed when I click on the picture.

Also, when I uploaded, I received a message stating that "parameter 2 was exceeded" but the upload supposedly suceeded anyway. I wasn't able to get the picture into a post, however. The BB code wouldn't copy.

Frustrating!!! I've been putting off doing this; guess I will wait a while longer.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:54 PM

Ellezabella is on a distinguished road
I too, have not been able to upload photos. I click on the paper clip on a message, or go to Manage Attachements. I then get a Choose file option. I click & get the photo app on my computer & see the photos I wish to upload. I click, upload/choose, the website says Uploading Photo, please wait, then ........ crickets. Nuttin'. Nada. I've been trying for about 3 hours now. How can I get the answers to my questions - which id what this site is for - if I can't show what i am asking about? Advice invited!! Thanks!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:20 PM

norris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellezabella View Post
I too, have not been able to upload photos. I click on the paper clip on a message, or go to Manage Attachements. I then get a Choose file option. I click & get the photo app on my computer & see the photos I wish to upload. I click, upload/choose, the website says Uploading Photo, please wait, then ........ crickets. Nuttin'. Nada. I've been trying for about 3 hours now. How can I get the answers to my questions - which id what this site is for - if I can't show what i am asking about? Advice invited!! Thanks!
I have been trying over 3 weeks now! I get same results
Old 07-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Executive Senior Member

Thanked 1,321 Times in 686 Posts
otis 226 is on a distinguished road
Seems like all is well as far as posting pics to a thread for me. I still don't fully understand posting to the gallery, so I don't use it as often as I might.
There is another board that will remain nameless, that requires all sorts of resizing and jumping through hoops in general to post pics. Its almost like you've gotta be a computer engineer just to upload a flower
Tony
Fishmom (07-09-2011)
Old 07-09-2011, 02:58 PM

Thanked 1,265 Times in 954 Posts
Fishmom is on a distinguished road
Thanks, Tony. Are you using photobucket or some other hosting site?
Old 07-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Site Administrator

just to let you all know I have been advised the programmer is looking into the issue
Fishmom (07-11-2011), plantloverlisa (07-09-2011)
Old 07-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Anky

I have no problem loading pictures from my hard drive. I take pictures with my iPhone and it has a software that resizes it. It comes originally big (2070 pixels) and before I save & label it to my hard drive; I can sharpen the blur and brighten it and size it to 500 pixels. I also noticed that it is 448 kb/ per picture and I can load as many as 7 pictures at a time. I follow exactly what Fred has instructed.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:15 AM

norris is on a distinguished road
I never had to re-size my photos before, and now I get this message:
Internal Server Error Remote address: 69.105.28.19 User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.5 Safari/533.21.1 REFERER: http://www.orchidgeeks.com/forum/new...404d5de3be2042 URL: /forum/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=
Old 09-08-2011, 07:18 AM

SarinahL is on a distinguished road
I never had any problems uploading pictures to the OPG, but today I've been getting this message:
Internal Server Error Remote address: 194.121.169.49 User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1 REFERER: http://www.orchidgeeks.com/gallery/upload.php?c= URL: /gallery/upload.php

And no uploaded pictures..

What could be wrong?
Old 04-15-2012, 08:13 PM

Toddott is on a distinguished road
photos

Where do I find "Manage Attachments"?
Old 04-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 5,877 Times in 2,961 Posts
syndywindy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddott View Post
Where do I find "Manage Attachments"?
If you are making a post, scroll down below the 'submit reply' tab and you will see manage attachments. Click on that and you will be able to download your images.
fred likes this.

Life is Good Today! Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Synda