Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > Suggestions, Feedback > Suggestions, Feedback and Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Site Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,356 Posts
fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Important Message To Members

Dear Members.

It has been decided to do a review on all the membership Registrations

Admin has decided that all members registered with NO Post,s ( Last Activity ) will be Deleted from the Forum.

This means if you have registerd before the 4-06 and you have NOT Made Any Post,s or Not Been Active Your Name Will Be Deleted and you Will Have To Re-Register.

The Members with No Post,s added From the 4-06 to 4-07 Will NOT BE DELETED.

**** If one post has beed added to the forum you dont have to worry at all.****

Any New members Registring With An Unresolved IP Address will also be Deleted ASAP

( Reason ) to stop spamming on the forum

If you have any Questions regarding the House Work being done please feel free to PM Admin.

Thank you

Adminisrtator
Old 04-20-2007, 07:43 AM

Gladys47 is on a distinguished road
Gosh! I very seldom post, but I come here everyday. I find that I get most of the info I need just by reading everyone elses post.Love the forum tho. Gladys
Old 04-20-2007, 10:09 AM

clxt7321 is on a distinguished road
I haven't posted either but I come here daily to read everyone else's postings.

Karen H
Old 04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Senior Member Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

janet_a is on a distinguished road
just think of it like making a single transaction a year over your signature to keep a bank account from going dormant.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:27 AM

pikespeak62 is on a distinguished road
I don't like it.
What's wrong with just being an observer?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Site Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
pikespeak62

You can be an observer if you wish it just means a member with NO POST,S will have to re-register.

It is also one way of deleting the offencive user names.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Executive Senior Member Photobucket

arleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rough
Gladys47 & clxt7321 -- you shouldn't worry about being deleted. You just posted. Therefore, you have another year. Plus, looking at your post count, you posted within the last year or so.

If a member wants to stay on, just make one post, like a greeting to someone new or share a pic or two. Then there is no worry for being deleted. All it takes is one post every year. Right, fred?
Old 04-20-2007, 04:28 PM

pikespeak62 is on a distinguished road
it just seems a bit elitist to me.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:59 PM
V.I.P Member

Thanked 2,835 Times in 1,280 Posts
Anton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of light
No it's not really eletist, it is what is known as "good forum houskeeping".

Over a period of time the server bogs down with so many "inactive" members, and you need to do some spring cleaning to free things up again.

Also a lot of "surfers" come onto a forum with no real intention of staying and sign on with multiple names just to be of nuisance value, then "leave the building" leaving their legacy like graffitti vandals.

So occasionally a purge needs to be done to put the house back in order. In our case because Dave has been busy, it probably hasn't been done in a while.

So, as Janet said, occasionally pop up and comment on someone's flower or what ever, and you cover your ass.

I have no problems with it.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Site Administrator

arleneg, Quote] Right, Fred

Yes you are spot on with that.

Anton you hit the nail right on the head with that one.

Quote Anton] good forum houskeeping

100 per cent on the mark.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:21 PM
V.I.P Member

pikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nice
Isn't there a way to look at any system log/network log to see the IPAs ?

It may be a problem if some is on Dialup because of dynamic IPAs. I am sure there is a way to see which members have been inactive for 'X' number of months.

My humble opinion is that 'no post' basis may be unfair to some.. but no 'log-in' criterion may be more compassionate, if it can be ascertained that a member has been dormant for , say , 3 months or 6 months or 12 months.

Just a thought:, but then I am a softie!!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Senior Member Photobucket

janet_a is on a distinguished road
"elitist" boards are the ones where you would type in the name of the board, and when the forum comes up, all the threads are marked "private" and won't even let you *read* them without logging in first.

this is a very open board.