Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > Suggestions, Feedback > Suggestions, Feedback and Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 PM
V.I.P. Member Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,044 Posts
koshki is on a distinguished road
How do you "multi quote"?

I feel slightly moronic asking this question, but I have wanted to do this for a long time, and can't seem to figure out how to do it. I've tried using the button (didn't work), I've tried searching on "multi quote" and seemed to have come up with a list of threads with multi-quotes in them, and tried looking through the Feedback and Questions forum (no luck).

Please help...how do you "multi quote"?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koshki For This Useful Post:
Greybeard (07-16-2011), Orchidchick (07-16-2011)
Old 07-15-2011, 10:13 PM

iluvorchids is on a distinguished road
If you scroll down to the bottom when you are responding within a thread, you will see everyone who has posted. Then what I'd do is copy and paste into the body of your own post.

For example, I can copy something from your post

Is this what you meant
Old 07-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 5,877 Times in 2,961 Posts
syndywindy is on a distinguished road
Katherine, it took me a while to figure that one out also. When there is a thread with many posts and you want to comment on more than one, just go through all the posts, click on the multi-quote icon for the first post you wish to comment on. Continue through the posts and when you get to another you wish to comment on, click the multi-quote icon to that post and continue until you've clicked on that icon for however many posts you wish to respond to. then Hit the reply icon at the bottom as if you were doing your usual responding routine. Each post you wish to respond to will now come up and you can put the curser just below the post and give your response. You can also choose to delete some of the posters comments and just comment on a part of the post if you wish. Then just move down to the next post and repeat. As I said, took me a while before I figured it out, so don't feel bad.

Life is Good Today! Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Synda
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to syndywindy For This Useful Post:
ArtGeekMark (07-16-2011), Greybeard (07-16-2011), koshki (07-15-2011), Onleme (07-16-2011), Orchidchick (07-16-2011), orchids4me (07-16-2011), plantloverlisa (07-15-2011), rcb (07-16-2011)
Old 07-15-2011, 10:15 PM

Well, that would work, and I didn't think of doing that, so thanks for that suggestion, and definitely good work-around. But what I mean is using the button next to the "quote" button...it's the mult-quote button. But when I clicked it, it didn't do anything!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:21 PM

Synda, we posted at the same time, lol!

Thanks for the explanation, it now makes perfect sense! I was thinking I'd have to hit the button and type, then hit it again in another post and type. Duh!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:31 PM
V.I.P Member

Thanked 1,053 Times in 876 Posts
Daethen is on a distinguished road
Boy am I glad this question was asked! I have wondered the same thing and not been able to figure it out. Thanks Koshki and Synda!!

don't sweat the small stuff and in the end it's all small stuff
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daethen For This Useful Post:
Greybeard (07-16-2011), orchids4me (07-16-2011)
Old 07-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 5,877 Times in 2,961 Posts
syndywindy is on a distinguished road
I think it took me a year before I realized how to do it. I would look at all the others and think how hard can this be. And once I figured it out I was like you

Life is Good Today! Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Synda
Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 AM

Puddy1 is on a distinguished road
I never saw that button! Or rather didn't know what it was for, so now I'll have to try it. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2011, 03:45 AM

Thanked 4,422 Times in 3,810 Posts
orchids4me is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethen View Post
Boy am I glad this question was asked! I have wondered the same thing and not been able to figure it out. Thanks Koshki and Synda!!
Ditto!
Emmaye

Daisy 2003 -2013
Life is too short.... Buy more orchids!!!!

Emmaye
Old 07-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Executive Senior Member

Greybeard is on a distinguished road
I learn something everyday I'm gald as well that this came up, this techno stuff gets me discombobulated(good word don't you think) so much I don't know wether I'm coming or going Thanks for the useful info everybody
Old 07-16-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvorchids View Post
If you scroll down to the bottom when you are responding within a thread, you will see everyone who has posted. Then what I'd do is copy and paste into the body of your own post.

For example, I can copy something from your post

Is this what you meant
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndywindy View Post
Katherine, it took me a while to figure that one out also. When there is a thread with many posts and you want to comment on more than one, just go through all the posts, click on the multi-quote icon for the first post you wish to comment on. Continue through the posts and when you get to another you wish to comment on, click the multi-quote icon to that post and continue until you've clicked on that icon for however many posts you wish to respond to. then Hit the reply icon at the bottom as if you were doing your usual responding routine. Each post you wish to respond to will now come up and you can put the curser just below the post and give your response. You can also choose to delete some of the posters comments and just comment on a part of the post if you wish. Then just move down to the next post and repeat. As I said, took me a while before I figured it out, so don't feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethen View Post
My first multi-quote. It took me a while to find the "REPLY" button...I never noticed that before!

I've heard that constant learning helps to keep Alzheimer's at bay...well, thanks for today's lesson!