Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > Suggestions, Feedback > Suggestions, Feedback and Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 05:18 AM
Site Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,356 Posts
fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
GROWING PROJECT #1 Sub Forums

The Sub Forums for the two sections have been added for the
HYBRID GROWING PROJECT #1 and the SPECIES GROWING PROJECT #1

all the sub forums are in members Alphabetical order.

thank you
Old 04-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Executive Senior Member Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

arleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rough
Fred,

How do I add my name to both the Species and Hybrid growing projects?

Answer when you can or feel like.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:31 PM
V.I.P Member

sandra is on a distinguished road
Arlene, I am hoping to have the setup changed in the species forum. I think it would be a much easier project to navigate around and find info about the plants we're growing if the forums are set up by PLANT instead of names. We would then be able to reference 1 of 4 sub forums instead of lots of personal setups. I feel the information would be better condensed and much easier to find.

What do you think?

I'm waiting for Fred to wake up. It's early in Tasmania now so any time soon and we'll know the update on that.

Last edited by sandra; 04-09-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:01 PM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

Thanked 1,954 Times in 1,166 Posts
patticake is a glorious beacon of lightpatticake is a glorious beacon of lightpatticake is a glorious beacon of lightpatticake is a glorious beacon of lightpatticake is a glorious beacon of lightpatticake is a glorious beacon of light
Sub forums by plant would be much easier, I think. That is if it can be done without too much trouble.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:13 PM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

Vivienne is just really niceVivienne is just really niceVivienne is just really niceVivienne is just really niceVivienne is just really nice
Sandra - here's another suggestion...

Species Project #1 Arrivals
Species Project #1 Repots
Species Project #1 - one month check

Just a thought. But it is definitely going to be FAR easier by plant than by person!!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:39 PM

arleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rougharleneg is a jewel in the rough
I definitely agree -- by plant name in the sub-forums. That way, we see everyone's progress for each species/hybrid.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:41 PM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,285 Posts
mayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of light
Add me to the list - I'd rather scroll through a thread of the same plant and see everyone's plants than have to go to each name one by one and then look for the plant - this would be quite time consuming.
If we had a subforum for each plant then anyone could add a thread at any time for that plant so it could be ongoing mini-subtopics as Vivienne notes. Good idea!
Hope we're not asking for the moon Fred? Appreciate your efforts!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:23 PM
V.I.P Member

I'm glad everyone agrees and sees this early how lost we'll all get with all these sub forums/names to click on instead of the 1 in 4 setup. It'll be so much easier to find all info in one place instead of all over the place. Threads within each subforum will obviously pertain to that project plant, all information there....with just one click instead of searching and searching and searching.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:26 PM
V.I.P Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne View Post
Sandra - here's another suggestion...

Species Project #1 Arrivals
Species Project #1 Repots
Species Project #1 - one month check

Just a thought. But it is definitely going to be FAR easier by plant than by person!!
Vivienne, with the pending setup, all these threads can be initiated and related info kept in those threads. Great idea!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:27 PM
V.I.P Member

BIG FAT LOL..... It's already been set up.....duh.......
Old 04-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Site Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
lol one has to be quick Sandra hehehe
you can tell that I am back home now
Old 04-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator Photobucket

brookn is a glorious beacon of lightbrookn is a glorious beacon of lightbrookn is a glorious beacon of lightbrookn is a glorious beacon of lightbrookn is a glorious beacon of lightbrookn is a glorious beacon of light
I was wondering if a moderator could move my species posts to the species section, I thought that I was putting them in the species, and actually put them into the hybrid section. I know, sheesh what a ding dong.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Site Administrator

your posts have been moved into the species section for you brook.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator Photobucket

brookn is a glorious beacon of lightbrookn is a glorious beacon of lightbrookn is a glorious beacon of lightbrookn is a glorious beacon of lightbrookn is a glorious beacon of lightbrookn is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks Fred, you rock.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:32 PM

kktbva is on a distinguished road
Hello,

My order came today. Yipee!!!!

How do I add my name to the hybrid project sub forum?

Thanks,
Kathie
Old 04-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Site Administrator

well if you ask me really really nicely I might add your name to the list
but seeing that you have your order now I will get to it then
Old 04-11-2008, 07:41 PM

kktbva is on a distinguished road
Thank you very very much, Fred. I hope I won't kill any of them
Old 04-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Site Administrator

your welcome.
think positive as I don't think you will kill any of them if you need help just ask the question and we will do our best to help you with the vast amount of knowledge our wonderful members have.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:46 AM

janice is on a distinguished road
Fred, if I ask nicely can you add my name to both projects?? PLEASEEEEEEEEEE and THANKYOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Site Administrator

janice
I have added a sub forum in the Hybrid section for you
with the Species all you have to do is start a thread in the orchid Specie name.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred View Post
well if you ask me really really nicely I might add your name to the list
but seeing that you have your order now I will get to it then
I thought the Hybrid project sub-forums will be under the plants' names, like in the Species project forum.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Site Administrator

Ok after a fair bit of work I have changed the Hybrid sub forums to normal Forum Sections also the Really good news members can now use the Attachments for each section of the Hybrid Project and Species Project.

arleneg the Hybrid section is the same as the Species Section.

thanks to everyone for being patent while this was sorted out
Old 04-17-2008, 12:10 AM

Thanks, Fred.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:29 AM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

articuno75 is on a distinguished road
I can add pictures now and they're not ginormous! Thanks Fred!!!

All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed: in life that which is unnoticed has the most power.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:04 AM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

Thanked 1,954 Times in 1,166 Posts
patticake is a glorious beacon of lightpatticake is a glorious beacon of lightpatticake is a glorious beacon of lightpatticake is a glorious beacon of lightpatticake is a glorious beacon of lightpatticake is a glorious beacon of light
Fred, Thanks for all your work! You're da man!!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Site Administrator

your all more than welcome
I am pleased it works now
Old 04-17-2008, 10:52 AM

Normkp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayres View Post
Add me to the list - I'd rather scroll through a thread of the same plant and see everyone's plants than have to go to each name one by one and then look for the plant - this would be quite time consuming.
If we had a subforum for each plant then anyone could add a thread at any time for that plant so it could be ongoing mini-subtopics as Vivienne notes. Good idea!
Hope we're not asking for the moon Fred? Appreciate your efforts!
I like Vivienne and Mike's take on the postings... if that's not too laborious to set up.
Norm
Old 04-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Site Administrator

Just to let you know I had the sub forums set up for each members name then I changed that to each name of the orchid and I talked to the organizer of the project and some members found that to difficult to follow so it was decided to do with the plant name forums as there was also a problem with adding attachments with the sub forums
I to work out a way for the members to add attachments, I fixed that problem with the way the forums are set up now.