Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > orchidgeeks growing project #1 > Phalaenopsis Naples Night

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 07:09 PM

Orchid Fan is on a distinguished road
Naples Night Wanted!

Hello Orchid Lovers!!!
I am new to the forums but not new to orchids. I have been lurking for a while but finally decided to post. I would love to know where to get this great Naples night Phal!!! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:17 AM
Junior Member Photobucket

krpot is on a distinguished road
Hello and Welcome!! I don't know of a grower off hand but this is the link to the this link http://www.orchidgeeks.com/forum/orc...ch-engine.html it will take you to a thread with orchid nursery search engine.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 AM

Where did most of the members on this forum get there orchids from?
Old 12-18-2011, 09:43 AM
V.I.P Member
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 1,053 Times in 876 Posts
Daethen is on a distinguished road
We all get our plants from many, many different places. We live all over the world. We even get them from each other sometimes. I shop on ebay a lot and then go to the local big box stores as well as our local greenhouse. Others have farmer's markets and such.

don't sweat the small stuff and in the end it's all small stuff
Old 12-19-2011, 08:24 AM
V.I.P Member
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 1,238 Times in 532 Posts
jerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond repute
I was the grower that supplied these plants to forum members.

About 4-5 years ago when the forum was just forming the members decided to have a growing experiment where everyone would buy one plant and compare results across different parts of the country.

Den. Cathy Beck, a miniature Dendrobium, was chosen but many members also bought the Phal.

I rather doubt that the plant exists anymore. They were originally imported from Holland and Phals are so cheap now that imports from Europe are not even considered. I know that the original importer does not import Phals anymore.

Also Phals are often produced only one time and never again. Here where you have a non-registered hybrid crossed with another Phal, the chances that anyone wanted to keep it in production is very remote.

I see hundreds of new crosses every year never to see them again.

Also when you cross three plants like this the colors can vary greatly from one plant to another. The same seed pod can produce many different looking plants.

There are many new Phals coming in as minatures and several will resemble the Naples Night. They will be available in quantity from January to May.

Last edited by jerrymeola; 12-19-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethen View Post
We all get our plants from many, many different places. We live all over the world. We even get them from each other sometimes. I shop on ebay a lot and then go to the local big box stores as well as our local greenhouse. Others have farmer's markets and such.
Thanks for the heads up but I think there is some confusion. Sorry about that. I am actually looking for the Naples Night Phal and was wondering if anybody in the states can point me in the right direction.
Thanks!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:39 AM

Jerry....thank you for the heads up. I love the blooms on this flower!!! Keep me in mind next time you do a project like this.
Thanks!