LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 09:34 PM

LeftCoastAngler is on a distinguished road
FrangiPoni/Plumeria

Any other Plumeria fanatics out there?

~LCA.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:23 PM

snowballsarebad is on a distinguished road
I love plumeria! I tried to grow a cutting once, but it died. It was such a tragedy.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:37 AM

Sorry to hear that.
The plumeria is a beaut eh? I'm currently rooting several indoors under HID lighting. They seem to really love it. I guess the heat and direct light from the HID accelerate the rooting process. I generally have roots within three weeks when they're under the lights... Rooting outside takes way longer...

It's cooling down here in SWFL. The Frangi's are starting to drop their leaves and preparing for dormancy. Going to have to wait until next spring for some more flowers...

~LCA.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:03 PM

chapala is on a distinguished road
Regarding rooting Plumeria, it's pretty easy if you try it during their dormant season, fall/winter. They seem to rot easily and not root at other times of the year.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:31 AM
V.I.P Member Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,285 Posts
mayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of light
Okay - I have a cutting that was given to me from a friend who visited Hawaii two years ago. It has just about doubled in height and is presently loosing most, if not all its leaves. It is now 18-20 inches tall or so and just a straight up "stick". Can you tell me how I should expect this to grow and how long till it flowers? This plant is one big question mark to me.....
Thanks - mike
Old 11-20-2006, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayres View Post
Okay - I have a cutting that was given to me from a friend who visited Hawaii two years ago. It has just about doubled in height and is presently loosing most, if not all its leaves. It is now 18-20 inches tall or so and just a straight up "stick". Can you tell me how I should expect this to grow and how long till it flowers? This plant is one big question mark to me.....
Thanks - mike

Greetings Mike!

Thanks fer stoppin' in... What you've got there is a cutting ready to go into winter dormancy... The leaves'll start to yellow off, and then they go to sleep until spring...

If it's doubled in heighth, I'd have to say it's already rooted... If it's outside, go ahead and bring it into a little warmth like a enclosed garage or shed. They don't handle weather cooler than say 40F. (thus their TROPICAL nature...) You ought to get flowers next spring/summer when you bring it back out for growin'... They don't need any light right now, just put 'er away until spring...

~LCA.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:01 PM

Stuie is on a distinguished road
To grow Plumeria cuttings best to take a cutting in early spring as the weather is warming up and then stick it in a platic tray without soil and let it dry for about two weeks.
When the base has dried put it into a 6 or 8 inch pot with growing media depending on how tall a cutting it is.
They do graft them too now!
I planted one at my mums house that was cut off at the base and left to dry out for three weeks then stuck in the ground and away it went. It was 8ft tall !
Old 12-26-2006, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
It was 8ft tall !
Now that's a cutting!

I'm sure larger/healthier cuttings root easier aswell...

~LCA.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:42 AM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

Thanked 3,395 Times in 1,221 Posts
Bolero is on a distinguished road
I have one only. I love them but the climate here isn't ideal even though they do grow and flower.

Mine is just starting to form leaves as we are in summer and it's quite warm now........hopefully in a couple of months I can post some flower pictures.

;-)
Old 01-03-2007, 06:23 AM

Stuie is on a distinguished road
Link to a Frangipani story

http://www.global-garden.com.au/gardenfeature1.htm
Old 01-12-2007, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the link. Neat-O.

~LCA.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:16 AM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

Have a look at this website........some amazing colour variations they are blooming......;-)

http://www.sacredgardenfrangipanis.com/
Old 01-13-2007, 02:53 AM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

mayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of lightmayres is a glorious beacon of light
Beautiful plants and flowers. Does anyone have pics of these blooming as houseplants that they can share???? I'd like to see what I might expect from my current "stick" someday if I'm lucky........mike
Old 05-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Senior Member Photobucket

chefatplay is just fantasticchefatplay is just fantasticchefatplay is just fantastic
Smile My flower pictures

This frangi is in my front yard. I took these one morning when they were just starting to bloom. Beautiful flowers, aren't they? My smell pretty, too!
Attached Thumbnails
hpnx0049.jpg   hpnx0062.jpg   hpnx0058.jpg   hpnx0063.jpg  
Old 05-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Executive Senior Member

BillC is on a distinguished road
Mike, I get the feeling that Plumeria require special conditions to flourish outdoors and maybe even more difficult inside. Until leftcoastangler's post I had not heard of the name, but then the name Frangipani came up which I associated with tropical climes. Please enlighten me, Bill
Old 05-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Executive Senior Member

Sharyn is just fantasticSharyn is just fantastic
When I lived in Hawaii, the plumeria grew all over, including the parking lot at the grocery store! They seem to grow like weeds in tropical areas. I love them and they have a wonderful scent. I wouldn't attempt one in my climate as they obviously need a lot of humidity, but they sure are beautiful.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:31 PM
V.I.P Member

pikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nice
I love Plumeria sp.

I lost one (Red) last year to some scaly parasites. One (white)is OK but has lost its leaves.And i am sure it will be Okay this summer.

I have planted three more recently but so far no sign of any growth. It is hard to come by them here in Toronto.

I had some flowers last summer. Not many though.

They are posted at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95002833@N00/
Old 05-07-2007, 07:08 PM
V.I.P Member

pikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nicepikevi is just really nice
I attach some photos of my white Plumeria (past summer) which dropped all the leaves during this winter. I hope it will grow back.
Attached Thumbnails
plumeria-white-ed01.jpg   plumeria-white-ed.jpg   plumeria-white-edcu.jpg  
Old 05-08-2007, 07:40 AM

chefatplay is just fantasticchefatplay is just fantasticchefatplay is just fantastic
It will, Pikevi. Most of you would probably be totally aghast at the care, lack of, my Frangi receives. There are times during the summer because of lack of water, all the leaves will fall off and start again. The Frangi is a very tolerant plant, tree, where I am. We have been in a drought in FL, but, as the pictures I have attached here show, the Frangi continues on. We don't irrigate. I took these this morning.

In fact, when Hurricaines Florence and Jeanne blew through, this tree was completely uprooted and blown to another place in the yard. My hubby just picked it up and stuffed it back in the ground, twice!

I'm not trying to brag about the lack of care my plants receive, in fact that is why I joined this forum! Trust me, I care much more for my orchids and violets, I have three of each now. I just wanted you to have confidence your plant will come back.
Attached Thumbnails
hpnx0193.jpg   hpnx0194.jpg   hpnx0195.jpg  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Executive Senior Member

BillC is on a distinguished road
With reference to Plumeria, I have done some research and found that they are very hardy and will grow in any climate that is frost free ...otherwise they need to be grown in tubs & brought under protection in winter. I cannot find if they will bloom well in a cool, temperate climate but I suppose given enough sun in the summer they could make quality flowers. Bill
Old 05-08-2007, 10:43 PM

Gladys47 is on a distinguished road
This winter when we were threathened with frost here in the Galveston area, I pulled mine right out of the ground and put them on my enclosed porch. (bare root) Come March I put them back in the sane spot and they are leafed out and ready to give me inflos soon I hope.They are really easy to take care of. I have 2 stalks rooting now, and some seeds I got for free to try my luck with this weekend.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:33 PM
V.I.P Member

Thanks, chefatplay.

I hope it does too.

Gladys47: how do you root the stalks?. I think one of the three I have planted in pots is getting soft. I hope I am not going to lose it.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:19 AM
V.I.P Member

Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,252 Posts
Anton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of light
It is actually called a Franjipani not FrangiPoni, or here in Oz we call them Franipannis (nick name).

You just plant a cutting here and off they go, no problems same as Hybiscus.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:35 AM
V.I.P Member

I think 'g' is used in many cases than a 'j'.[Frangipani]

I usually stick to Plumeria, simple enough

I love the scent
Old 05-09-2007, 06:38 AM

flowerchild is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikevi View Post
I attach some photos of my white Plumeria (past summer) which dropped all the leaves during this winter. I hope it will grow back.
From the looks of your other plants my friend you have a very green thumb, I am sure it will grow back!!!! That second picture has some beautiful flowers in it!!! Cindy
Old 05-09-2007, 06:53 AM
V.I.P Member

Thanks flowerchild.

I think I do too. But sometimes they just grow and no flowers

I only had 1 Phal flower and 3 others re-flower in the past 8 months or so.

But some phal leaves are almost 30cm long

With more than 100 orchids now, I expect to see flowers left,right and centre
Old 05-09-2007, 07:30 AM

I either plant in sand or cactus mix. Water once when planted. Put in a warm spot and do not water again until it leafs out. sometimes it can take awhile.If too long you can give a small sip of water, but I don't. You can mist the bare stalk occasionally. Be sure to dry out the end of stalk before planting to decrease chance of rot.It stores water in the stalk so it will be ok without water for some time. warmth seems to be most important, next to dryness. You can sit out on cement during the day, just be syre to bring in or shelter if it rains. Works for me, but others may have better advice.
Gladys
P.S I would only give small sips if the stalk started shriveling, then only a little. Of course keep an eye out fot rot.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:42 PM
V.I.P Member

Thank you Gladys47.

I did not realise that it warrants such a unique care. I have been keeping them wet from the day I planted the three stumps. One is already 'soft'( it pits on pressure just above the soil level).

I would not water the other two from now on. I am planning to uproot the soft one and cutting off the part that is soft and re-planting it.

Thanks for the detailed instructions
Old 05-09-2007, 11:47 PM

Cut back to no rot spots. let dry out again and start over. i have heard of people rooting 3" pieces. Gladys
Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 AM
V.I.P Member

Gladys47: Will do.

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:24 AM
V.I.P Member

Too late, gladys47.

That one is gone. It was mushy right up to the top. I don't know which one I lost- red, yellow or red. I heard that yellow ones are more scented.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:29 AM

For better chances of survival you can purchase some cutting gel that'll seal the cut a little better to ward off infections/rot.

~FF.

BTW:

http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/frangipani
Old 05-16-2007, 06:44 AM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

Hey I just got back from Fiji two days ago and Frangipani was everywhere, I will post some photo's of some rather large trees when I figure out how to do so in this forum.

I have one small plant in my backyard but it doesn't do so well lately........no flowers for the last two years but when I owned my glasshouse it flowered all the time.

They are wonderful plants and I love the aroma they produce.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:42 AM

That sometimes happens,even when you do everything just right.I saw some cuttings at walmart yesterday ,with the baby orchids in the little plastic bag.From Sun Bulb I think. Don't give up! Try again.I have heard of people water rooting them but have never tried it myself.
Gladys
Old 05-20-2007, 05:45 PM

Aztec Gold:

Finally, some blooms...

~LCA.
Attached Thumbnails
picture-1675.jpg  
Old 05-20-2007, 05:51 PM

Exclamation Aztec Gold:

Finally Wakin' Up!

~LCA.
Attached Thumbnails
picture-1643.jpg  
Old 05-20-2007, 09:54 PM
V.I.P Member

What a beauty !!!

I hope it has a nice fragrance too!!

Thanks for posting the pix.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
V.I.P Member

Gladys47: As you suggested the 'bald' Plumeria has put out some leaves. I have been leaving the plant outdoors each day( nights are still very cold here) for the pastt week. The leaves seem to be small but quite green and healthy.

Thanks for the advice.
Attached Thumbnails
plumeria-white-edwm.jpg  
Old 05-21-2007, 07:20 PM

Good Luck!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:54 PM

Where can I get one of these Plumeria plants they are kinda nice?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:07 PM
V.I.P Member

It is very hard to come by, flowerchild.

I got this one ( white) from a place in scarborough- Valleyview gardens just north of Finch on Kennedy last year . It was a very short stump without any leaves. But It grew very well in a pot last summer. They have another one , just under 2 meters (about 6 ft.) high which they don't want to part with.

The flowers are scented and give off a a very pleasant fragrance.

I bought 3 little stumps from a vendor at the 'Home Show' in April of this year at the airport centre. I have already lost one

I have not seen them at any other garden centres here. Surprisingly many centres have not even heard about them
Old 05-22-2007, 12:59 AM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

I've just reviewed this thread again with interest. Mine is going on its third year and is just now coming out with leaves again. It looks like everyone that gets these to bloom lives in Florida or some other southern-like climate? Am really curious if I might expect any flowers up here in rainy Oregon?

Last edited by mayres; 05-22-2007 at 01:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-22-2007, 06:58 AM

Quote:
It is very hard to come by, flowerchild.

I got this one ( white) from a place in scarborough- Valleyview gardens just north of Finch on Kennedy last year . It was a very short stump without any leaves. But It grew very well in a pot last summer. They have another one , just under 2 meters (about 6 ft.) high which they don't want to part with.

The flowers are scented and give off a a very pleasant fragrance.

I bought 3 little stumps from a vendor at the 'Home Show' in April of this year at the airport centre. I have already lost one

I have not seen them at any other garden centres here. Surprisingly many centres have not even heard about them
So nonavailability= high price, guess I won't kill myself looking for one eh?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:42 AM

Mayres, they like sun, sun, sun. Mine is in the front yard, no shade. The rains have just begun, so, my Frangi has just begun to flower. In fact, it is looking happy today. Attached are pictures from this morning. If you look back in this thread, you will see the same tree earlier with no water for a while. Very hardy tree.
Attached Thumbnails
hpnx0247.jpg   hpnx0248.jpg  
Old 05-22-2007, 08:02 AM

Sometimes the box stores have them. Two in a pack. They would be with the baby orchids in a bag. I bought 2 at Walmart last week. Think I paid 4.95. Going to try my luck with water rooting. Been reading about it on the plumeria forums. Sounds interesting and faster with better results. Google plumeria forums, theres some good info. out there. Will post results if I try the water rooting. They can be grown in Northern climates, but have to be brought in for winter. Gladys
Old 05-22-2007, 08:43 AM
V.I.P Member

chefatplay: palms and plumerias.. you are so lucky

Moving the pots in and out to accomodate the seasons is hard work. I have a few huge plants (Bananas, Bougainvilleas, and Oranges) that are a real pain to move them back and forth.

Plumeria has latex and most latex plants are very hardy and can survive drought. In addition they can drop the leaves to conserve water.

flowerchild: If I remember correctly I only paid our $19.99 for the potted stump of about 25cm or so and $10 eaach for the stumps at the show. If it flowers it is worth every penny , I suppose.

Gladys47: please let us know how 'water rooting' goes. I can only try it next year unless I find a place that sells the stumps.

Last edited by pikevi; 05-22-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:25 AM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

Chefatplay - I agree with pikevi, looks like you are living in the garden of eden there? Wow!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:34 PM

PiKevi, they do drop their leaves very easily, too. Sticky mess when you are the cause of it.

Mayres, FL is good. I came to visit my room mate from college July of 1976, I moved here for good that October. I was 19. I turned 50 this past October.

I have Washingtonians, Queen Palms, Oak trees, Maple trees, Thatch palms and banana plants. Also, red ants, lizards, bugs galore, snakes, my Jack Russell takes care of them though. I also have three Avocado trees in buckets still. We have these because they survive on their own. Also, my husband can grow anything. I am trying to catch up with him!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
chefatplay: palms and plumerias.. you are so lucky

Moving the pots in and out to accomodate the seasons is hard work. I have a few huge plants (Bananas, Bougainvilleas, and Oranges) that are a real pain to move them back and forth.

Plumeria has latex and most latex plants are very hardy and can survive drought. In addition they can drop the leaves to conserve water.

flowerchild: If I remember correctly I only paid our $19.99 for the potted stump of about 25cm or so and $10 eaach for the stumps at the show. If it flowers it is worth every penny , I suppose.

Gladys47: please let us know how 'water rooting' goes. I can only try it next year unless I find a place that sells the stumps.
Pikevi if you find a place that sells the stumps let me know K? Thanks Cindy
Old 05-22-2007, 10:44 PM
V.I.P Member

Flowerchild: I sure will
I am actively looking for different coloured ones.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Flowerchild: I sure will
I am actively looking for different coloured ones.
Thanks Pikevi, I can always count on you!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefatplay View Post
my Frangi has just begun to flower.
What color is yours; if you don't mind me askin'...

~LCA.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:21 PM

Gosh! I don't have blooms yet. I'm jealous! Of course, like I said up several posts ago, I had to yank mine out of the ground and store bareroot this winter. Never done that before but always heard it would slow down their start. Lots of leaves tho so inflos are coming soon. (fingers crossed) The reason I posted tho is I started the water root today. Will keep you posted. I am going to start one in straight perlite tomorrow and try that too! So far my other 2 look well. They are in cactus soil and perlite mix. Also I am going to use a cut off clear plastic water bottle so I can see whats going on in there! I get all antsy waiting.I want to know as soon as I have roots. I have NO patience!
Gladys
Old 05-24-2007, 05:39 AM

They'll come around Gladys. They're hardy lil critters... They'll make it.

~LCA.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:55 AM

LCA, mine are white with yellow center. How about yours?
Attached Thumbnails
hpnx0062.jpg  
Old 05-24-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
LCA, mine are white with yellow center. How about yours?
Very similar to yours but with pink edges on the outside... Your leaves look more rounded like a Celadine. That picture I posted was a AztecGold with the distinct peachy smell... I've got quite a few others that aren't bloomin' just yet... My favorites that I have are tri-colored. They really look sharp.

check out: theexoticplumeria.com

They've got quite the collection...

~LCA.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:24 PM

Sea_Sun88 is on a distinguished road
I have two Plumerias. I live in San Diego so I put them outside in the beginning of may since it starting to heat up. But I hate may and june since we get so much marine layer and its so gray. Hopefully my plumies will flower next spring or summer. They have leafs and I am not sure what color the flowers are going to be.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:44 AM

Sea Sun, nice green stalk and green leaves and it looks like a new leaf growing. Good going. Do you know what color the flower is?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Sea Sun, nice green stalk and green leaves and it looks like a new leaf growing. Good going. Do you know what color the flower is?

The flowers are going to be pink. Cant wait for it to flower.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Gladys47: As you suggested the 'bald' Plumeria has put out some leaves. I have been leaving the plant outdoors each day( nights are still very cold here) for the pastt week. The leaves seem to be small but quite green and healthy.

Thanks for the advice.

Are those cymbidiums next to the Plumie?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:33 PM
V.I.P Member

Yes, they are, Sea Sun88.

They are out in a temp. GH now.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Member Photobucket

NancyG is on a distinguished road
I guess I was lucky mine took root. I was watering them everyday. Good thing it was dry around here for awhile. I did dry them for about 3 weeks. Then just stuck the branches in the ground and now they all have leaves and one is flowering. They look better in my garden at the back since they drop all their leaves once it gets a little cold in what Floridians call 'winter'.

NancyG
Old 06-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, they are, Sea Sun88.

They are out in a temp. GH now.

I have one that looks like that and I was always wondering what kind of orchid it is.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:26 PM
V.I.P Member

Sea Sun88: I got those without any tags and dried up and out of the pots.

Someone said it will be easier to identify them once they flower.

The new leaves are coming out on the plumeria (photo)
Attached Thumbnails
plumeria-jn07-ed.jpg  
Old 06-14-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Sea Sun88: I got those without any tags and dried up and out of the pots.

Someone said it will be easier to identify them once they flower.

The new leaves are coming out on the plumeria (photo)

Nice healthy leaves. My two plumerias are also starting to leaf out. I know for sure that one has pink flowers but the other didnt came with a tag.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:45 PM
V.I.P Member

I think pink ones are the most fragrant of all plumerias.

I bought three stumps a few months ago (pink,red and yellow) and one has since died. Two seem to be OK,hard and green. I am not sure which two colours survived.
Attached Thumbnails
plumerias-edwm.jpg  
Old 06-15-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I think pink ones are the most fragrant of all plumerias.

I bought three stumps a few months ago (pink,red and yellow) and one has since died. Two seem to be OK,hard and green. I am not sure which two colours survived.
Which ever color they are, I am sure they will smell pretty good.
I am new to plumerias as well as orchids.
I like flowers alot so any plant with flowers will do for me.

I wonder how big the cuttings can get?
My cuttings arent really that big, I am guessing 2 feet.

But good luck on your cuttings.

Chelsea
"Sea_Sun88"
(Not mine but I sure love the color)
Old 06-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Executive Senior Member

Sharyn is just fantasticSharyn is just fantastic
SeaSun: The pink is really spectacular! I've never seen pink before. The ones that grew in our parking lot were like Ellens, very pretty white with the yellow centers. I'm excited to see you guys having such great success with these beautiful flowers.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:33 PM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

PhalPal is a jewel in the roughPhalPal is a jewel in the roughPhalPal is a jewel in the roughPhalPal is a jewel in the rough
They grow really well here and my backdoor neighbor has them planted all along his fence line, which of course means I get to enjoy them too! They must be six feet high and six feet wide? All different colors and they are just spectacular. I will get pictures the next time they are in full bloom, sorry I can't pass on the scent!
Old 06-15-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharyn View Post
SeaSun: The pink is really spectacular! I've never seen pink before. The ones that grew in our parking lot were like Ellens, very pretty white with the yellow centers. I'm excited to see you guys having such great success with these beautiful flowers.

I WISH THESE WERE MINE

I love this color. Its probably my favorite.

I also like the white ones with the yellow in the center.
I have a plumeria that should have pink flowers. Not sure what the other will have.
But I can wait.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhalPal View Post
They grow really well here and my backdoor neighbor has them planted all along his fence line, which of course means I get to enjoy them too! They must be six feet high and six feet wide? All different colors and they are just spectacular. I will get pictures the next time they are in full bloom, sorry I can't pass on the scent!
LUCKY YOU!!
What a nice neighbor you have
I bet the aroma is to die for.
I have my plumies outside my wondow. I really cant wait till they flower, that way I get to enjoy the scent of the flowers.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 PM
V.I.P Member

What wouldn't grow in California?

Thanks Sea_Sun88. I have not seen that colour even on the 'net. That was exhilarating just to look at the picture. Even the stalks were red. Never knew that before.

You both are lucky to be living in such a beautiful climate.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
What wouldn't grow in California?

Thanks Sea_Sun88. I have not seen that colour even on the 'net. That was exhilarating just to look at the picture. Even the stalks were red. Never knew that before.

You both are lucky to be living in such a beautiful climate.
I know, that is such a nice color.

I live in southern California and the weather is decent. The only time I hate it its when it gets to May Gray and June gloom.
Marine layer, I'll tell ya ruins your day
Old 06-15-2007, 11:59 PM
V.I.P Member Photobucket

PhalPal is a jewel in the roughPhalPal is a jewel in the roughPhalPal is a jewel in the roughPhalPal is a jewel in the rough
SeaSun - "I live in Southern California and the weather is decent..." You are just too funny! Go to Buffalo in January and then come home and complain about even one day of our weather. Our June gloom is "a gorgeous summer day" in Buffalo! I know you are young, but until you have been around a bit you have no idea how absolutely PERFECT San Diego weather is! Appreciate!!!

Last edited by PhalPal; 06-16-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:09 AM
V.I.P Member

Buffalo? Toronto is worse in winter,although it is only about 150km (100miles) away. . Summers are better here since we have less smog.
Closed Thread