Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > Orchid Care > Orchid Pests and Diseases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 06:56 PM
V.I.P Member
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 4,080 Times in 1,190 Posts
Shannara is on a distinguished road
*Sighs*

Up to this point none of my favorite orchids have come down with black rot but now it's on one of my bractescens hybrids that I love. I cut away the infected growth plus one additional p-bulb with all this lovely new growth that was starting. I gave it a super soak of my fungicides and am hoping for the best. The plants I am finding are all in the same area where some of the ones I shipped off for diagnosis were. I want this nightmare to end already!!

Shann~

>>
My 2012 Grow Area<<
Old 08-24-2011, 07:18 PM
V.I.P Member

Thanked 3,231 Times in 1,555 Posts
BGGraham1 is on a distinguished road
Shann, I hope that you can get a handle on this. I wish there were something more that I (we) could do for you.

In the meantime, please check your PMs. I need some info, please.

http://brigittesorchids.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to BGGraham1 For This Useful Post:
Shannara (08-25-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Senior Member Photobucket

Stitz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendian View Post
Aaah, thank you for that information.

I also had another recommendation for using the Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer (for soil and turf but also says flowers and roses) from a speaker at our Orchid Club meeting, that one is the one that contains Imidacloprid and -cyfluthrin - which are both insecticides - and no fungicides.
BAYER Complete Insect Killer is the product that I have praised for nearly two years. It is what it says in the name!

--Stitz--
Shannara (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 03:25 PM
V.I.P Member

Some good news. I found a guy who is licensed to spray Heritage fungicide which is about the best treatment I can get for black rot. He also has Subdue which was also on the list of fungicides I could use against Phytophtora. He will be here tomorrow to help me get this mess under control!

I am so happy he has the fungicides I need and can help me out! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Shann~

>>
My 2012 Grow Area<<
The Following User Says Thank You to Shannara For This Useful Post:
BGGraham1 (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 03:33 PM
V.I.P Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannara View Post
Some good news. I found a guy who is licensed to spray Heritage fungicide which is about the best treatment I can get for black rot. He also has Subdue which was also on the list of fungicides I could use against Phytophtora. He will be here tomorrow to help me get this mess under control!

I am so happy he has the fungicides I need and can help me out! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Shann~
Glad to hear it, Shann! I'll be thinking about you!

Shannara (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Executive Senior Member

Dendian is on a distinguished road
Great news Shann for you!
Shannara (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 04:21 PM

NiNiDazzle is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Shann~

Yes I still want flowers for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, my birthday... Just make sure it's an orchid (WITH ROOTS).
The Following User Says Thank You to NiNiDazzle For This Useful Post:
Shannara (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 04:53 PM

benauld is on a distinguished road
Hi Shannara,

Just a couple of quick questions after looking at the photo of the fans you posted. Is the left hand bench more heavily affected than the others? There appears to be more overhanging vegetation on that side (don't know whether it's just the camera angle or not). I wonder whether the rainwater is picking something up off the tree foliage as it falls through? Also, do you use any type of sprinkler system to water your grass, (albeit you probably wouldn't be using it given the high rainfall you've had of late)? If you do, it might be worth disinfecting that too, just to be sure...

Anyway, good luck with the treatment! Personally, I'm not so keen on organic fungicides (systemic or otherwise). If you find your treatment fails again, it might be worth going back to basics and getting an old-fashioned inorganic chemical treatment such as wettable sulfur, which treats a variety of fungi/molds and even mites!

However, just as a word of warning, I've never used it on orchids before (only Roses to treat Black Spot) so if you choose, or are "forced" to examine this treatment do a test orchid that's on the way out first! (Although, if it gets to that stage you might be looking at a last ditch attempt anyway, but I certainly hope not)...

Once again good luck!

Regards,
Ben.
Shannara (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 10:14 PM
V.I.P Member

Thanks all for wishing me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benauld View Post
Hi Shannara,

Just a couple of quick questions after looking at the photo of the fans you posted. Is the left hand bench more heavily affected than the others? There appears to be more overhanging vegetation on that side (don't know whether it's just the camera angle or not). I wonder whether the rainwater is picking something up off the tree foliage as it falls through? Also, do you use any type of sprinkler system to water your grass, (albeit you probably wouldn't be using it given the high rainfall you've had of late)? If you do, it might be worth disinfecting that too, just to be sure...

Anyway, good luck with the treatment! Personally, I'm not so keen on organic fungicides (systemic or otherwise). If you find your treatment fails again, it might be worth going back to basics and getting an old-fashioned inorganic chemical treatment such as wettable sulfur, which treats a variety of fungi/molds and even mites!

However, just as a word of warning, I've never used it on orchids before (only Roses to treat Black Spot) so if you choose, or are "forced" to examine this treatment do a test orchid that's on the way out first! (Although, if it gets to that stage you might be looking at a last ditch attempt anyway, but I certainly hope not)...

Once again good luck!

Regards,
Ben.
I too have wondered about the surrounding vegitation. I think the root of the problem was I had a ton of rain over about a month to a month and a half. The first orchid I saw with black rot was a Laelia that does not like it's feet to be kept that wet and it was the first to go. The orchids around it have either died or been treated. It does seem to be around that left area of the grow area. Nothing on the right bench has shown signs yet but I am not holding my breath. One orchid on the far right hanging rack had a new growth rot but I am not sure if it was black rot or not.

Needless to say I will be discussing this tomorrow with the guy coming to spray. He is very knowledgable and has been learning horticulture for the past 30 years. I will see what he thinks I need to do to improve the growing area.

I don't think the fungicides I have used so far are organic. The Heritage fungicide is supposed to be one of the best and have seen it mentioned here on the forum several times. If not that then he has Subdue. There will be a lengthy discussion tomorrow before anything is sprayed. I feel pretty confident that he will be careful with his selection for treatment.

Thanks for your input.

Shann~

>>
My 2012 Grow Area<<
Old 08-25-2011, 11:11 PM
V.I.P Member

Thanked 1,111 Times in 1,016 Posts
Leafmite is on a distinguished road
So glad to hear you found someone who could treat your orchids! Good luck!
Leafmite
The Following User Says Thank You to Leafmite For This Useful Post:
Shannara (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
I don't think the fungicides I have used so far are organic.
Sorry Shannara, I don't mean organic as in, "non-harmful to the fairy folk", rather organic compounds (many alcohols for example fall into this category), rather than inorganic compounds (sulfur, copper-based treatments, etc).

A couple more thoughts on your set-up: I'd be tempted to put some sort of barrier (rubber/plastic cups or stone pads) between the wooden legs of your benches and the ground surface. I'd also maybe consider laying plastic sheeting underneath the benches to prevent splash-back from the soil when the rain hits the ground.

Hope this helps, once again good luck!

Regards,
Ben.

[Edited for Spelling].

Last edited by benauld; 08-26-2011 at 06:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to benauld For This Useful Post:
Shannara (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 02:22 PM
V.I.P Member

Hurray!

The plants are officially sprayed! Now I just have to watch them like a hawk for any new developments. They were very careful to check the products they used were approved for use on orchids and their correct dose so I am feeling pretty happy right now.

The lady who came out to spray was like...are these all orchids?! She got a kick out of my army of fans.

Things are going much better for me today! I feel a huge sense of relief after having them treated. Lets hope this does the trick!

Thanks to all my geeks for putting up with my anxiety and rambling.

Shann~

>>
My 2012 Grow Area<<
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shannara For This Useful Post:
BGGraham1 (08-26-2011), koshki (08-26-2011), plantloverlisa (08-27-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 03:21 PM
V.I.P Member

Shann, the anxiety was completely understood, and I don't consider any of your posts "rambling!" You were understandably shaken, as any of us would have been. I'm glad that you got someone out that understood the nature of the problem and got things sprayed down.

Keeping the fingers and toes crossed that it works!!

Shannara (08-26-2011)
Old 09-09-2011, 03:12 PM
V.I.P Member

Okay, it's been two weeks since the spray. I have since had to isolate a few more plants. Two I found today look like black rot to me. The other one I found had a single odd leaf that fell off the oldest p-bulb. To be on the safe side I moved it off the bench.

I am supposed to get a follow up spray of fungicide. Probably early next week. The only question I have that no one has been able to answer yet is if Heritage and Subdue can do anything for the orchids that already have black rot or if they can only prevent the spread of it??

I keep trying to convince myself that the plants I recently found with rot could easily have had this rot since the first spray but I don't know this for sure. I am feeling deeply troubled by all this. No matter how much I try to be positive by doing things that are proactive in treating the situation everytime I find one more with rot I feel like I take another 3 steps back. There are several vendors whose orchids I have wanted to purchase and I am too afraid to order anymore chids at this point. The newest ones I have are still inside because I am afraid to put them out there with all the other chids.

I hate feeling like to matter what I do they keep getting sick and dying. A part of me feels like I have overlooked something that would allow this to keep progressing. I just don't know what it is.

Not sure what else to say...

Shann~

>>
My 2012 Grow Area<<
Old 09-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Member Photobucket

ARodney is on a distinguished road
Don't give up hope Shann. They have finally figured out what the culprit is. Now to treat and prevent, which is what you are doing. What I would suggest if you haven't done so already, is to make a list of questions for the person who is coming to spray. Ask her about how much times she would need to spray, about the chances of it happening again and things like that. Ask her if there is anything else you can use to help as a supplement to what she is using.

Look for info in this and other forums. I was reading on some older post on this same forum about fungus. I learned that I needed to spray my phals with a systemic fungicide cause they catch fungus, especially since they are exposed to rain and elements. Now, a year later, after I lost all those phals I told you about previously, is when I learned this. So, I'm obtaining info.

Just keep on doing what you are doing, but don't lose hope. This is your love and passion. It will work it self out. Remember you have a whole bunch of geeks supporting you and worrying about you and your orchids too. We know you will get through this.

The only two things I HAVE to do is breathe and die, everthing else is a choice. I choose to buy orchids

Last edited by ARodney; 09-09-2011 at 03:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ARodney For This Useful Post:
Shannara (09-09-2011)
Old 09-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Hi Shannara,

Sorry to hear this further disheartening news. If you have meticulously cleaned all of your benches and equipment, I too would think that you're missing "something" - some disease causing vector or other. Short of moving the bench to a new location entirely, I don't know what else to suggest...

I suppose it's difficult to estimate how large a role the unusually high rainfall you've had this year has played, which must be all the more frustrating!

The only other thing I can think of would be whether you have a dog. If it gets wet (whatever the source), then shakes itself dry near your 'chids... Or, a next-door-neigbour's cat spraying on them? I know this is clutching at straws but it's worth ruling animals like that out, even any local wildlife.

Good luck, I hope things start to improve for you soon,

Ben.
Shannara (09-09-2011)
Old 09-09-2011, 03:51 PM

NiNiDazzle is on a distinguished road

Yes I still want flowers for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, my birthday... Just make sure it's an orchid (WITH ROOTS).
The Following User Says Thank You to NiNiDazzle For This Useful Post:
Shannara (09-09-2011)
Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Member Photobucket

Quote:
Awww thank you for being so generous! I will be compiling a list this week of what I have lost so far and will post it here. I appreciate the support here at geeks more than you guys know. I am doing my best to not let it get to me.

edit:

Shann~
We're still waiting for your list

The only two things I HAVE to do is breathe and die, everthing else is a choice. I choose to buy orchids
Shannara (09-09-2011)
Old 09-09-2011, 06:44 PM

maria1971 is on a distinguished road
Shannara,

I'm very sorry to hear that your orchids are not doing well. I have some multiples of several types (mostly cattleyas hybrids and schomburgkias) and if you are interested, PM me and I'll be more than happy to send some over to kick start your collection again.

Maria.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maria1971 For This Useful Post:
Medelia (09-09-2011), Shannara (09-09-2011)
Old 09-10-2011, 08:44 PM
V.I.P Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARodney View Post
Don't give up hope Shann. They have finally figured out what the culprit is. Now to treat and prevent, which is what you are doing. What I would suggest if you haven't done so already, is to make a list of questions for the person who is coming to spray. Ask her about how much times she would need to spray, about the chances of it happening again and things like that. Ask her if there is anything else you can use to help as a supplement to what she is using.

Look for info in this and other forums. I was reading on some older post on this same forum about fungus. I learned that I needed to spray my phals with a systemic fungicide cause they catch fungus, especially since they are exposed to rain and elements. Now, a year later, after I lost all those phals I told you about previously, is when I learned this. So, I'm obtaining info.

Just keep on doing what you are doing, but don't lose hope. This is your love and passion. It will work it self out. Remember you have a whole bunch of geeks supporting you and worrying about you and your orchids too. We know you will get through this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARodney View Post
We're still waiting for your list
Thanks for the encouragement. I have been procrastinating putting the "death" list together. Not sure I want to see how many are really gone. I know this is all a learning experience but I guess it came at a bad time for me. I am doing my best to not let it keep me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benauld View Post
Hi Shannara,

Sorry to hear this further disheartening news. If you have meticulously cleaned all of your benches and equipment, I too would think that you're missing "something" - some disease causing vector or other. Short of moving the bench to a new location entirely, I don't know what else to suggest...

I suppose it's difficult to estimate how large a role the unusually high rainfall you've had this year has played, which must be all the more frustrating!

The only other thing I can think of would be whether you have a dog. If it gets wet (whatever the source), then shakes itself dry near your 'chids... Or, a next-door-neigbour's cat spraying on them? I know this is clutching at straws but it's worth ruling animals like that out, even any local wildlife.

Good luck, I hope things start to improve for you soon,

Ben.
No dogs or outside pets. There are critters out there but usually it's only the squirrels and birds who sometimes go onto the benches. It did rain heavily when that tropical storm went by. About two good days of rain. The yard really needed it but I have to say I very concerned about my chids and finding the other two with rot yesterday kinda pushed me over the edge.

I pitched one today in the quaranteen group. No matter how many times I have cut out the rotted area and sprayed it the rot kept progressing. Very very slowly but I realized today it was time to throw in the towel with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNiDazzle View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria1971 View Post
Shannara,

I'm very sorry to hear that your orchids are not doing well. I have some multiples of several types (mostly cattleyas hybrids and schomburgkias) and if you are interested, PM me and I'll be more than happy to send some over to kick start your collection again.

Maria.
Hey Maria....I hope you are doing well. Haven't seen you on geeks in awhile. Thanks so much for the kind offer. I will definately keep you in mind when I get things under control here.

You all are the best!

Shann~

>>
My 2012 Grow Area<<
Old 09-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 4,422 Times in 3,810 Posts
orchids4me is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry to hear this hasn't ended yet and a few are still coming down with it my offer still is exteded to you as well that I pm'ed you last month regarding any babies I have if you're ready for teething ones lol and some not quite teething yet just let me know I will up date a list for you my gift to you to start over somwhere
I didn't catch it yet was trying to just get this thread to load and not crash its gotten big. But have they come spay the second time yet. I will see the answer in a message remider when you respond or you can pm me I won't beable to load this thread soon on my phone
Big hang tough Shann!!
Emmaye

Daisy 2003 -2013
Life is too short.... Buy more orchids!!!!

Emmaye
The Following User Says Thank You to orchids4me For This Useful Post:
Shannara (09-11-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 04:28 PM
V.I.P Member

Another update

Hey geeks,

I have been kinda off the board for a bit this week. This whole rot thing has really gotten me down and I was feeling really low last weekend. I got tired of feeling defeated by this rot so I contacted the AOS for help to see if anyone there had tips to help me out in this situation. I was forwarded to a wonderful gentleman who owns an orchid nursery and is a judge for the CSA and AOS. We have been working over the phone to try and get a handle on this.

He suggested I re-steralize the orchid benches with Physan which I have done. He also recommended me using a Bordeaux Fungicide as a paste on my sick chids when I cut off infected growth. We are hoping this particular fungicide will fight off any attempt for the rot to spread around the wound. The fungicide just arrived today so I will be cleaning up a few plants and applying this product. There are about two dozen in quarantine right now .

I have had my second spray last week of Heritage and Subdue to try and protect my chids from this spreading anymore. 99% of the time I see it starting around new growth with tight bracts. The water tends to get stuck in these areas which is not good. I am constantly peeling bracts off to try and prevent water from sitting in these areas. The weather has been cooler and dryer which helps.

Later today I am going to be cutting, pasting, and cleaning up any sick chids. I also have some new chids that have been inside that need repotting. I spent several hours yesterday drilling new pots so I could get that all finished today.

So that's it. I am still sad this is all happening but I am forcing myself to stay proactive and fight for my chids.

Thanks all for letting me have somewhere to vent and find support.

Shann~

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchids4me View Post
I'm sorry to hear this hasn't ended yet and a few are still coming down with it my offer still is exteded to you as well that I pm'ed you last month regarding any babies I have if you're ready for teething ones lol and some not quite teething yet just let me know I will up date a list for you my gift to you to start over somwhere
I didn't catch it yet was trying to just get this thread to load and not crash its gotten big. But have they come spay the second time yet. I will see the answer in a message remider when you respond or you can pm me I won't beable to load this thread soon on my phone
Big hang tough Shann!!
Emmaye
Hey Emm...I didn't realize you were trying to load this huge thread on your phone. I PM'd you a few days back so you wouldn't have to load this thread for updates. Thanks for your generous offer for baby chids. As soon as I have this mess under control I will get your updated list.

>>
My 2012 Grow Area<<
Old 09-19-2011, 05:40 PM

ArtGeekMark is on a distinguished road
I'm very sorry to hear that problem continued the past month and you lost plants.
Shannara (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 06:17 PM

maria1971 is on a distinguished road
I don't want to offend, but maybe part of the problem is that your plants aren't getting enough circulation? I've seen pics and the plants seem to be very close together. Also, after you water, how long does it take for the wood slats to dry out? Is there a lot of moisture there?

Just maybe something to think about?

Sorry!! but chin up!! I know you are going to get a handle on this!
The Following User Says Thank You to maria1971 For This Useful Post:
Shannara (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 06:21 PM
V.I.P Member

So sorry to hear this, Shann. But I am glad that you found someone that has suggested something you haven't tried yet. Perhaps this will be the ticket.

I know that you are doing everything you can, and I have to believe that you will win this battle.

I'm thinking about you and your babies...and if you need to really vent, PM me.

Shannara (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Executive Senior Member

Emma Grey is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry you're still battling this, Shann! I hope this new paste works well and that you can stop the rot from spreading anymore. I also hope that repotting your newer plants is relaxing and goes smoothly so you can enjoy your new plants.
Shannara (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 5,389 Times in 3,096 Posts
katrina is on a distinguished road
I am also sorry to see and hear that you're still battling this thing. What a mess!!
Shannara (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 06:40 PM
V.I.P. Member Photobucket

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,044 Posts
koshki is on a distinguished road
Good thinking to contact the AOS!

Still sending positive thoughts your way!

The Following User Says Thank You to koshki For This Useful Post:
Shannara (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 4,422 Times in 3,810 Posts
orchids4me is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hey geeks,

I have been kinda off the board for a bit this week. This whole rot thing has really gotten me down and I was feeling really low last weekend. I got tired of feeling defeated by this rot so I contacted the AOS for help to see if anyone there had tips to help me out in this situation. I was forwarded to a wonderful gentleman who owns an orchid nursery and is a judge for the CSA and AOS. We have been working over the phone to try and get a handle on this.

He suggested I re-steralize the orchid benches with Physan which I have done. He also recommended me using a Bordeaux Fungicide as a paste on my sick chids when I cut off infected growth. We are hoping this particular fungicide will fight off any attempt for the rot to spread around the wound. The fungicide just arrived today so I will be cleaning up a few plants and applying this product. There are about two dozen in quarantine right now .

I have had my second spray last week of Heritage and Subdue to try and protect my chids from this spreading anymore. 99% of the time I see it starting around new growth with tight bracts. The water tends to get stuck in these areas which is not good. I am constantly peeling bracts off to try and prevent water from sitting in these areas. The weather has been cooler and dryer which helps.

Later today I am going to be cutting, pasting, and cleaning up any sick chids. I also have some new chids that have been inside that need repotting. I spent several hours yesterday drilling new pots so I could get that all finished today.

So that's it. I am still sad this is all happening but I am forcing myself to stay proactive and fight for my chids.

Thanks all for letting me have somewhere to vent and find support.

Shann~

Hey Emm...I didn't realize you were trying to load this huge thread on your phone. I PM'd you a few days back so you wouldn't have to load this thread for updates. Thanks for your generous offer for baby chids. As soon as I have this mess under control I will get your updated list.
Hi Shann
I did get your message, and I swear I replied to it. Humm. This has happened before with Jo Beth didn't get my message. I think my signal is having issues at work. A glitch I guess... Very cool when you're ready my friend just let me know and I will give you an updated list
Emmaye

Daisy 2003 -2013
Life is too short.... Buy more orchids!!!!

Emmaye
The Following User Says Thank You to orchids4me For This Useful Post:
Shannara (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 11:23 PM
V.I.P Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtGeekMark View Post
I'm very sorry to hear that problem continued the past month and you lost plants.
I am hoping this new fungicide paste will keep me from losing more! Today kinda got away from me and I still have orchid work to do tonight and for a good bit of tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria1971 View Post
I don't want to offend, but maybe part of the problem is that your plants aren't getting enough circulation? I've seen pics and the plants seem to be very close together. Also, after you water, how long does it take for the wood slats to dry out? Is there a lot of moisture there?

Just maybe something to think about?

Sorry!! but chin up!! I know you are going to get a handle on this!
No offense at all Maria. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong here you are welcome to share/comment about. Air circulation is one of the first things I am asked whenever I talk to someone about this situation. I have purchased three large oscillating fans on pedestals, and I also had one box fan, that I put outside whenever the orchids are watered or get wet. I usually run it until about 1-2 AM (I am a night owl). I am blasting them with as much air as they can take without being blown over. People who visit my house look out at my backyard and are kinda like...what are all these fans doing outside? LOL

We had a nasty storm last week that blew six, yes SIX, of my babies off the table and smashed three of the pots into pieces. I saw it happen and yelped out loud like it happened to me. That was a bit more air circulation than they bargained for!

Thanks for your thoughts Maria!
Shann~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGGraham1 View Post
So sorry to hear this, Shann. But I am glad that you found someone that has suggested something you haven't tried yet. Perhaps this will be the ticket.

I know that you are doing everything you can, and I have to believe that you will win this battle.

I'm thinking about you and your babies...and if you need to really vent, PM me.
I will PM you soon...promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Grey View Post
I'm sorry you're still battling this, Shann! I hope this new paste works well and that you can stop the rot from spreading anymore. I also hope that repotting your newer plants is relaxing and goes smoothly so you can enjoy your new plants.
Thanks so much Emma. Just doing anything at this point makes me feel better. I kept myself pretty busy all day. I am winding down now for the night. Gotta prep for tomorrow though. From what the radar shows there could be nasty rain heading my way again! Boo! That means all the quarantine plants have to come back onto the porch so they don't get soaked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina View Post
I am also sorry to see and hear that you're still battling this thing. What a mess!!
It really stinks! I hope to never go through a black rot plague again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshki View Post
Good thinking to contact the AOS!

Still sending positive thoughts your way!
I am really glad I did it. Having someone point me in the right direction really helps. I have been reading some articles on their website that give me some hope of saving my afflicted plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchids4me View Post
Hi Shann
I did get your message, and I swear I replied to it. Humm. This has happened before with Jo Beth didn't get my message. I think my signal is having issues at work. A glitch I guess... Very cool when you're ready my friend just let me know and I will give you an updated list
Emmaye
My PM box is terribly full. I need to go through and do some massive deleting. You could have sent it when my box was full but I am not sure either. Try resending it.

Thanks Emm!

Shann~

>>
My 2012 Grow Area<<
Old 09-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Member Photobucket

Shann, I'm sending positive orchid vibes and thoughts your way. Don't give up hope. The end is in sight. Positive vibes your way.......

Shannara (09-21-2011)