Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > Orchid Care > Orchid Pests and Diseases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2018, 01:04 PM

ACS is on a distinguished road
Chrisnetia with woody roots - Fusarium??

Hi All,
I recently got a Neo hybrid (Chrisnetia Green light) from someone and it has very woody roots (hard and brown with raised bands). I didn't like the look of them, but thought maybe it was just underwatering and being kept bare-rooted, but today I was researching it a bit and now am afraid this might be fusarium?? The leaves are a bit yellow, though not too bad. I did cut the stem at the bottom to check for the purple circle. I couldn't see anything but wasn't sure. I don't want to trash it since I got it from someone in a trade and I don't want to tell him I got rid of it, but I really don't want to spread any fungus to my other plants. Has anyone seen this before? I couldn't find any pictures online that looked exactly the same, but it seemed like woody roots was a possible symptom. Pictures attached of roots, leaves, and where I cut to check for fusarium.
Attached Thumbnails
img_8563-1.jpg   img_8567.jpg   img_8564.jpg   img_8566.jpg   img_8568.jpg