Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > Orchid Care > Orchid Flasking and Seed Germination

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 03:25 PM

skygeller is on a distinguished road
Question paph orchid flasking

hello i was wondering if anyone could recommend any place that has paph orchid flasks for sale. i am looking to purchase a few. This will be my first time purchasing a flask. Could anyone recommend a sight or any info on deflasking paph. orchids. i have found a few sights. but i am looking upon you experts so that i get a good health flask. Sometime you never know what you are to get. i have never ordered orchids online before so i am iffy. i always purchase them through orchid shows. If anyone has any info on this topic. i would really appreciate it thanks sky
Old 01-17-2011, 05:50 PM
V.I.P Member
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 5,451 Times in 3,014 Posts
kmarch has a reputation beyond reputekmarch has a reputation beyond reputekmarch has a reputation beyond reputekmarch has a reputation beyond reputekmarch has a reputation beyond reputekmarch has a reputation beyond reputekmarch has a reputation beyond reputekmarch has a reputation beyond reputekmarch has a reputation beyond reputekmarch has a reputation beyond reputekmarch has a reputation beyond repute
Sam Tsui at Orchid Inn. I've bought several form him. Excellent flasks. As for info on deflasking, there are a couple good threads on this forum. Just do a search for "deflasking" or something like that and you'll find them.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:12 PM

skygeller is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the link he has some really nice stuff. I will for sure be in contact with him. I have seen some deflasking methods already but only one in the paph orchids classification. And it didn't seem very good. I have seen some that leave the agar on and some that take it of and use an anti-fungal. Should I let the roots dry before I compot them? Or just pot them right away? I plan on having them in a large clear container with a lid partly closed on so I can keep the humidity up. Plant them in small com pots and put them inside next to my east window. I am also thinking about buying an air mister they have one for sale on the orchid web for 50.00 if you have any more suggestions on this I would love the advise. Thank you so much for you info on this matter it has help lots thank you again sky
Old 01-18-2011, 12:46 PM
V.I.P Member
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 6,637 Times in 2,844 Posts
Brooke is on a distinguished road
I remove all agar. This is usually what will fungus first. Using a fungicide is up to you but I prefer to keep anything off the tender plant and roots unless needed.

Pot them up right away. You don't want them to get dehydrated because you will then have to rehydrate them.

Living in Cocoa Florida, humidity shouldn't be much of an issue for you - save your money and buy more orchids.

Brooke

Tags
deflasking, flask, orchid, paph