Orchid Forum Orchid Care

Orchid Forum Orchid Care (http://www.orchidgeeks.com/forum/)
-   Orchid Flasking and Seed Germination (http://www.orchidgeeks.com/forum/orchid-flasking-and-seed-germination-7/)
-   -   new flasks germinating..all of them!!! (http://www.orchidgeeks.com/forum/orchid-flasking-and-seed-germination-7/new-flasks-germinating-all-of-them-31920/)

2woodensticks 05-29-2014 08:18 PM

new flasks germinating..all of them!!!

den. type phals. this time...9 mother flasks started..1 contaminated ,8 FULL of protocorms..my success was to good this time...4 dry pod mother flasks,5 green pod mother flasks..except for the one they are all full of little green balls..i guess I just need more jars and media..my noid phals I did last year are going great..leaves close to 1 1/2 inches,:woot::woot:my new diy glove box worked great..update and pics to follow..

Ron 05-29-2014 10:13 PM

Looking forward to seeing the photos, great results.

DayDreamer 05-31-2014 10:07 AM

2woodensticks, you are awesome. Would you consider being my mentor? I'm really struggling here trying to get a successful germination.

2woodensticks 06-01-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayDreamer (Post 389521)
2woodensticks, you are awesome. Would you consider being my mentor? I'm really struggling here trying to get a successful germination.

last time I used the oven and tons of bleach and rubbing alcohol for sterilizing..this time I used my new pressure cooker...what a big difference it made...either green or dry pod I use a little HP to help disperse the seeds..i leave the seeds in HP for only 5 min..straight HP no dilution and I only use about 1/2 an ounce..and I leave bright lights on for the first 24 hours to convert the HP into O2..i did cheat a little this time and went with a premade media,but my homemade media worked great last time..will use my homebrew when I replate....any help I can give let me know..next will be my digbyana..pollination went great so far so good on pod development.

2woodensticks 06-02-2014 08:01 PM

new and old

5 Attachment(s)
my recent germination..phal. type den. 2 of 8..and noid phal about 9 months in flask 2 replates ..2 of 4..don't think they will need a third.but will wait and see..:):)..and again thanks for all the support and advise...

Leafmite 06-02-2014 10:31 PM

Wow, they look really great!

Daethen 06-03-2014 07:58 AM

Looks like you have it figured out. When will seedlings be available to us?????

2woodensticks 06-03-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daethen (Post 389577)
Looks like you have it figured out. When will seedlings be available to us?????

maybe next year on phal type den,...when they are ready might give a few of the noid phals. to some of the members.if they want one...really waiting on the digbyana to pod up...will be doing as many flasks of that one as I can..and all will share in my success..thanks

Daethen 06-03-2014 10:17 PM

Well, that is awesome! If I ever get brave enough and set up right to try flasking I will have to contact you and pump you for all your secrets!

2woodensticks 06-04-2014 07:34 PM

any time

Carolla 07-18-2014 12:44 PM

First I need to learn how to pollinate my orchids, then to flask them! I have a lot of Phals and a few Catts and various other Oncidium/Odontoglossum types and a few just other orchids too. How hard is it to get seeds from a Phal or Catt? (I'm sure they are hybrids, not sp.).