Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > Orchid Care > Orchid Care Cultivation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 03:53 AM

orkidea is on a distinguished road
New leaves, bulbs, roots, buds, and stems - got them all!

Ah, the happiness of owning orchids! I attached some pictures of what some of my orchids are up to right now. It's so nice too see new growth of any sort.

Picture #1: My Cym. Lady Sheridan "Shearwater" has new growth well under way!

Picture #2: Onc. Sharry Baby "Sweet Fragrance" has plump bulbs and bright green leaves. I love this baby Sharry Baby! It's in a 2" pot.

Picture #3: My rescue Phal noid is not going to suffer from poor root system much longer! New leaf is also emerging, all shiny and firm.

Pictures #4,5: My gift Phal noid is growing a new leaf and a flower stem. I can feel its happiness!

Picture #6: Dtps. Lennestad has buds developing on two flowerstems off an old pair of flowerstems. I just harvested some pods off the old stems. A new leaf is also growing well.

Pictures #7,8: A newest Phal noid is monsterous in size and blooming right now! The flower stem is 80 cm (2.6 feet) long. It is a secondary spike with 6 blooms, each 12-13 cm (~5 inches) wide! It has earned a nickname "Nopszilla". I just noticed that the very tip of the flower stem has opened up and seems to grow something - perhaps a keiki??!!!

Attached Thumbnails
img_3751.jpg   img_3763.jpg   img_3752.jpg   img_3755.jpg   img_3753.jpg   img_3756.jpg   img_3760.jpg   img_3766.jpg  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orkidea For This Useful Post:
dounoharm (09-18-2011), orchids4me (09-17-2011)
Old 09-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 4,422 Times in 3,810 Posts
orchids4me is on a distinguished road
Congrats!
You have some nice things going on
The last pic is the end of the flower spike may develop more buds or may not or even sometimes become sub spikes (not sure about ones on the end like that but have seen it more cental area of spike)
Good growing !!

Daisy 2003 -2013
Life is too short.... Buy more orchids!!!!

Emmaye

Tags
cymbidium, flower spike, oncidium, phalaenopsis, roots