Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > The Orchid Geeks > Newbie Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2017, 06:16 AM

OrchidTR is on a distinguished road
Newcome phalaenopsis dying

Hi there! I am new in this forum. My orchid story started only 1 weeks ago. My husband sent them to me as a pretty anniversal gift..
At first day I read about orchid care and put them to the right place at house. And watered them after 5 days they came. Soaked in to mineralized spring water for nearly 1 hour and let them dry a bit. Then putted them back in to their pretty bowl. There are 2 pots. And 5 stems full of flower. 3 stem has 3 blossoms. But what concerns me is they were dark green but now they are turning pale pink and they look like they are drying.

I don't want to loose them, they are very important for me.please help how can I save them? And one more question. Do I have to buy the orchid nutrition? Does it should be liquid or dried?

( sadly I must say, English is not my main language. Sorry for my grammar)

Last edited by OrchidTR; 12-24-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:44 PM
V.I.P Member Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 1,729 Times in 1,027 Posts
-k- is on a distinguished road
Hi, if you post 5 times you can post a picture of your phal which will be helpful to figure out what's going on with it.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:27 PM
Senior Member Photobucket

Thanked 1,240 Times in 932 Posts
Fishmom is on a distinguished road
Welcome, Orchid TR! Just make a few responses to other people's posts and you will reach 5 posts quickly.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:33 PM

ACS is on a distinguished road
Do you mean that the flower spike is turning pink or the leaves? Depending on the type of orchid, if the spike turns pinkish-yellow it might be drying out - though this usually occurs only once it has finished blooming and the flowers have fallen off. If that is the case it may just be almost done blooming (but the plant shouldn't die). A picture would definitely help.

But I would say that soaking your plants for an hour isn't necessary. If you choose to soak them, 10-15 min should be sufficient. Or just letting water run through them for a couple of minutes is enough too. I also personally wouldn't use mineralized water (depending on mineral contents this could be bad for your plants, though perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me has a different opinion here!). Rain water is best if possible, otherwise I just use tap water.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:47 PM
V.I.P Member

Catt Mandu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchidTR View Post
Hi there! I am new in this forum. My orchid story started only 1 weeks ago. My husband sent them to me as a pretty anniversal gift..
At first day I read about orchid care and put them to the right place at house. And watered them after 5 days they came. Soaked in to mineralized spring water for nearly 1 hour and let them dry a bit. Then putted them back in to their pretty bowl. There are 2 pots. And 5 stems full of flower. 3 stem has 3 blossoms. But what concerns me is they were dark green but now they are turning pale pink and they look like they are drying.

I don't want to loose them, they are very important for me.please help how can I save them? And one more question. Do I have to buy the orchid nutrition? Does it should be liquid or dried?

( sadly I must say, English is not my main language. Sorry for my grammar)
Hi OrchidTR! Welcome!

There is no need to apologize for your grammar - it is certainly much better than I could do in Turkish!

I do encourage you to make at least five posts on Orchidgeeks, and then posting a photograph of your plant. It will help us to help you.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:17 PM

birdbrain is on a distinguished road
Phot[IMG] [/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk