Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > The Orchid Geeks > Newbie Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2006, 02:20 AM

princessk is on a distinguished road
den help

i think i have a den from costco and the plant looks healthy, but it's been a year and it still hasn't bloomed. i cut down the flower stem (spike) after the flowers died and now the little stub is all dried and dead. do dens grow a new spike in a different area like phals? or does the spike grow from the same place. how do i get it to bloom?
Old 08-09-2006, 10:31 AM
duhhdog

the bloom can initiate in different areas depending on the type of den. my experience is that they like lots of light. mine are outdoors in direct sunlight for the summer. n.e. penn. hope that helps
Old 08-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Cynthia, Prescott, AZ has a reputation beyond reputeCynthia, Prescott, AZ has a reputation beyond reputeCynthia, Prescott, AZ has a reputation beyond reputeCynthia, Prescott, AZ has a reputation beyond reputeCynthia, Prescott, AZ has a reputation beyond reputeCynthia, Prescott, AZ has a reputation beyond reputeCynthia, Prescott, AZ has a reputation beyond reputeCynthia, Prescott, AZ has a reputation beyond reputeCynthia, Prescott, AZ has a reputation beyond reputeCynthia, Prescott, AZ has a reputation beyond reputeCynthia, Prescott, AZ has a reputation beyond repute
Many Dens will rebloom on the same cane, from slightly different places on the cane. But you can expect that in a year you have a new growth and there will be blooms coming from a year younger cane than the previous blooming cane, and maybe also last years blooming cane. However, many don't bloom on the newest growth, they seem to prefer a very mature cane to bloom on. Cynthia