Go Back   Orchid Forum Orchid Care > The Orchid Geeks > Newbie Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2006, 11:11 AM
V.I.P Member
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 1,239 Times in 532 Posts
jerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond repute
60 new orchid species posted on the photo gallery

I just finally got some free time and posted 60 new orchid species photos on the gallery.

Many of these are types which which you will not be familiar.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:23 AM
V.I.P Member

Thanked 2,835 Times in 1,280 Posts
Anton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of light
OK!

Why is it working for you and nobody else Jerry ?
Old 10-14-2006, 07:50 AM
V.I.P Member

jerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond reputejerrymeola has a reputation beyond repute
Anton,

I posted this answer to you in another thread and repeat it here in case you did not see it.

The problem is that you are trying to upload an Adobe PDF file. The site does not accept this type of photo file.

The bulletin board also will not accept Adobe Photoshop files .psd

It will also reject files over 100K. Otherwise it would fill the server rapidly. Also larger files do not display properly,

Convert you photos to .jpg and reduce the size to 600 pixels on the longest side, then save it at quality level 6-7 and you should have a 40-60K file that will display an excellent 6-8 inch photo on everyones screen. It will also load very fast because of the small file size.

Most computer terminal display at 72 pixels per inch (dpi) and some high resolution at 96 dpi. Any file larger than this will not fit on a screen and you have to move around the image to see it all.

One note do this with a copy of the photo as the reduced size will not make good prints which require larger files with more data in them.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:35 PM
V.I.P Member

Anton

I got the photo you sent me and posted it on the gallery without a problem. This is probably because of my status as a Moderator.

Dave informs me that modifications to the gallery reverted all settings to the default values so it will take a little time to resolve.

In the meantime here is your photo.

The feature that allows it to appear in a post is also not working.