View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 5,389 Times in 3,096 Posts
katrina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
For all the geeks who are arachnophobes.

It is a scientific fact that the total number of spiders on the globe, annually catch and eat insects, to a weight greater than the weight of the human population on the globe.

If all the spiders suddenly became extinct we would possibly have to live in very tall buildings. And you would not be able to go outdoors unless you were in a tracked vehicle. Something to think about before you tread on one.

Bill
So right you are Bill! I know they are a necessity...wouldn't want to live w/out them on the earth...just don't want them living in my house.

I appreciate them outside...I leave them and their houses alone outside...even find some of them to be very beautiful. Just don't want them moving in w/me.

Here's something I heard/read and one of the reasons why I don't want them in the house...each person swallows on average 3 spiders a year in their sleep. YIKES! Truth or legend? Not sure.

I also heard something along the lines of...whether you can see them or not...there is something like 6500 spiders w/in a 1 acre radius of where you stand/sit. Can't recall the actual number but it's some phenomenal figure like that.