View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 04:12 AM
V.I.P Member
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanked 2,835 Times in 1,280 Posts
Anton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of lightAnton is a glorious beacon of light
It is best to try not to use the same products all the time as they become immune to it, be it pesticide or fungicide.

The product I actually used is an Australian product called ROGOR - 100 in which the main constituent is Dimethoate, where originally I thought it was Malathione as it smells very much like it.

Both products work well and spray tops and bottoms of leaves, as well as into the mix.

Repeat after 2 weeks, then again in a month, that way you should zap all juveniles plus any late hatching eggs.

See if you can get the Dimethoate over there, if so take EXTREME CAUTION when using this product as I know of some cases where people mixing this have collapsed, one of whom went into a coma.

Wear a protective mask that filters the air when mixing and using and make sure you remove your clothing when finished and rinse it out as this stuff does absorb into your skin. BUT, boy does it work, my GH is virtually "sterile" from pests now, 3 weeks after treatment.

I sprayed walls, benches and floors as well as the plants to leave nowhere for them to hide. I haven't even had any munching signs on leaves since either.

Next weekend I'll do my 1 month follow up to set me up for winter when the GH will be shut up for lengthy periods. I'll also do an anti fungal treatment as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anton For This Useful Post:
aslesha (09-24-2011)