Thread: My herradurae
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Site Administrator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanked 3,216 Times in 1,351 Posts
fred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond reputefred has a reputation beyond repute
just a tip with using sphagnum moss it the sphag looks dry on the top of the pot just lightly mist the sphag... not the plant just the sphag.
I have never used the skewer method with sphagnum moss
when one has used sphag for a while one can tell with the weight of the plant if the sphag is becoming to dry needing water ot not.

when using the skewer method in sphag the bottom of the skewer is wet ant the top of the sphag is dry lightly mist the sphag with a pressure sprayer.

the rule of thumb I use if the top of the sphag looks dry its time for a drink just remember though sphag needs to be moist not wet.

sphagnum moss grows in cool moist conditions
lmartiny (11-17-2008)